Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008 | 01:23 PM
labfreak
|
Road Master
Default RE: O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device

ORIGINAL: Trotter

LMAO ... Some of the other Tuning devices will do the same thing and they don't even realize it..LOL...They think it's running fine... LOL....But that what keeps me in bussiness.."Only POP'a every now and Then" ... LOL
OK, Trotter and Kricke, you motorheads!!!So, what's the verdict, in laymen's terms, are these IED's $hit or should we try 'em out? I have stg1 download, hi-flow A/C and Cycleshacks slip-ons.

BTW, Kricke, I relate well to swedes! My grandpa is from Jarvso!

Old 02-13-2008 | 02:21 PM
ssls6
Road Captain

Labfreak, I would recommend them for you. The stage1 download fattens up the open loop part of the fuel map (cold engine, 50%WOT and above). The closed loop section of the map would still be at the 14.7 AFR. Using the IEDs you could fatten the closed loop section to 14.2 AFR which would help with a fully warmed up idle and cruising down the highway.

If you had a sert, you can do the same thing as the IEDs by increasing the closed loop bias voltage. Since you don't, then the IEDs are a good idea (IMHO).

Old 02-13-2008 | 02:25 PM
Kricke
Intermediate

Yes, they are a good cheap engine investment and the work good but not as amiracle..

I'm not trying to put Stephen out of buisnessby saying it is not hard to make these your self, of course with out the plug and play feature. But for a couple of hobby hours in your garage and resistors for about 5$ (small guess compared with my cost here in sweden for four small resistors) you all with the thumbs attached right on your hands can make your own enricherners...

I can't figure out how to publish a picture on the schematic of this "device" but if some one wants it and can publish it here(I have permission from Stephen to use this in forums)..

//K

Old 02-13-2008 | 02:34 PM
Cruiser 1970
Road Master

dklozik wrote: This might be a great under $50 mod, if figured out
Nothing to figure out. It's all here on the nightrider web site.

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/h...olt_divide.htm

Old 02-13-2008 | 02:41 PM
Kricke
Intermediate

Thanks Gundog

I wasn't sure if I could link to another forum directly (some forums get very pissed if you do that).

//K

Old 02-13-2008 | 02:45 PM
Trotter
Banned

Just not quite enough.....

ORIGINAL: ssls6

Labfreak, I would recommend them for you. The stage1 download fattens up the open loop part of the fuel map (cold engine, 50%WOT and above). The closed loop section of the map would still be at the 14.7 AFR. Using the IEDs you could fatten the closed loop section to 14.2 AFR which would help with a fully warmed up idle and cruising down the highway.

If you had a sert, you can do the same thing as the IEDs by increasing the closed loop bias voltage. Since you don't, then the IEDs are a good idea (IMHO).

Old 02-13-2008 | 02:51 PM
Rebel78
Road Captain

Can I use it with PC3?

Old 02-13-2008 | 02:54 PM
labfreak
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Trotter

Just not quite enough.....

ORIGINAL: ssls6

OK, not sure what 'not quite enough' means..probably not rich enough? But looks like these might work out, thanks all for your help.

Old 02-13-2008 | 03:00 PM
Kricke
Intermediate

If you dont plug in the O2 sensor "block" that comingwith PC3 the answer is yes (the PC3 is like the SE Race Fueler and fooling the system after the ECM)

Old 02-14-2008 | 02:14 PM
labfreak
|
Road Master

I went ahead and ordered them, $69.99 seems like they are worth a try, I'll report back after install, but will probably take it to the techncal forum, thanks to all for your help/knowledge.

BTW some folks are geting some good results with these IED's over in the Tech Forum:
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2836828/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device