Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008 | 05:40 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Default RE: O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device

Will they work on an 06?? Seems like they should.

Just askin

DougJ

Old 02-12-2008 | 05:58 PM
jefx
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Kricke

Hi Labfreak(and all others on this thread)

Just remeber that you only adjust the "closed loop" fuel for example if you twist the throttle wide open it goes in the "open loop" and uses the fixed map so this is only sorta a stage 0,5.

The fuel pak on the other hand dont rich up the closed loop only the fixed map (if you rich up cruse mixture the lambda value going to lean it out anyway)

But if you use the enrichener and a fuel pak the fuel pak adjust the fixed maps and the enricherner fools the lambda/ECM (havent tested this but in theory it should work).

I tested these enrichernersfor about6 month before Stephen released them on the market and they are in my opinion good for using a more open exhaust but not the stage 1 air filter .. above that the fixed map is to lean.

//Kristian Heidenfors

You said that the Fuel pak only richens the map....Is this true with all fuel management systems?

Would there be any benefit to using the IED with a Tmax/autotune system?

Old 02-13-2008 | 05:29 AM
Kricke
Intermediate

Hi all

First I have to say sometimes my English isnt perfect! (I'm a swede (and yepp I know what swede mean )so just ask me about the strange words that can pop up here...

On Lab freaks q: I referd to only using the enricherners and stage 1 slip ons and air filter whit out the H-D download. if you have a stage 1 download yes it would be just fine. but if no download WOT and fast up rev. of the engine (i don't now the real name for it but you probably know what i refer to) there will be to lean mixtureif you let in more air due to "better" air filter.
But you are in the OK area wthout the downloadwith onlymild open pipes (SE slip ons or equal BUT not drag pipes) but not the air filter.

Remeber that i live in Sweden and on a really hot summer day we are not quiteup to the same tempcompared to anormal day in texas so this needs to be in the calculation on my answers..

On JEFX q:just differ onwhomakes them...
SERT: you have the Lambda bias so you "fool" the sensor in the program.
Race fueler: only to fool the ECM signal to the injectors and when going in to cruse the O2 sensor will back the setting as far he can to match the 14.7 value.
Power commander: uses sensor blocks (remove the sensors with resitors on the sensor cable).
Direct link: approx the same as SERT.
Havent tested the autotune but read about it and it uses lambda values and its changeable so yes you can change the "idle/cruse" value.

My choice is the SERT onmy Harleybuton my fun bike have a Direct link (Buell XBs).

//K

Old 02-13-2008 | 05:35 AM
Trotter
Banned

"buton my fun bike have a Direct link (Buell XBs" Have you run out of fuel on your Buell Yet.... LOL ... There a pain to reset ... 5 miles at 45 mph in 4th gear to reset .. PITA ..LOL

Old 02-13-2008 | 05:55 AM
Kricke
Intermediate

tried that and got the t-shirt... actually twice (I hatesmall tanks).....

Old 02-13-2008 | 06:29 AM
Trotter
Banned

You missed my point ......Has nothing to do with the Tank size only the direct Link and how you have to reset it .....

Old 02-13-2008 | 07:07 AM
Kricke
Intermediate

Ahhh I read it to fast,,,,

I borrowed the scamalyzer from my stealer and after a TPS reset it was on a dyno for a couple of hours so i didn't reallycared.
I hardly use the cruse mode on my Buell, it's a race bikeso the steady run style isn't my bag LOL....

Old 02-13-2008 | 07:44 AM
Trotter
Banned

LMAO ... Some of the other Tuning devices will do the same thing and they don't even realize it..LOL...They think it's running fine... LOL....But that what keeps me in bussiness.."Only POP'a every now and Then" ... LOL

Old 02-13-2008 | 08:45 AM
Kricke
Intermediate

yes,not many bikers can feel +- 5hp/10ft-ib. So thenot sonice hole in the wall typetuners can sell a tuning device of the shelf, load a std. map and then charge a bunch of cash (practically the same as a stage 1 download) and the customer is still happy...

The Buell was sold today! (sobbing a little) to finance my new project.

My -08 Street Bob is planned to be dyno tested in phases:

1, orignal with about 1600 miles on it (1000kM)
2, stage 1 with K&N/SE filter and Bub Reinhart 2-1 with my one "high tourqe"baffle
3, mild ported heads (clean up)
4, cam (going to test a bunch matching the mild port)
5, 103" flattop pistons
6, larger valves,better valve springs, more porting job
etc.
etc.

To see what can be done on a specific budget and what to expect..

But as always everything is in thepants of the beholder, I just don't wanna see my net biker friends going to spend a fortune on things that don't really works as they want and in the same time may ruin their bike (the commercials/tech info on these"miracle devices"area bitfuzzy andnormally promise more than they can deliver out of the box).

//K

Old 02-13-2008 | 11:17 AM
jefx
Tourer

Thanks for the info Kricke. Lookin forward to the results of your new project!

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device