Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP on Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Reverend
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HP on Fat Bob

Nope. Still think it's throwing money down the drain. I could get150 Japanese bhp for the price of a 103 kit & dyno. I just wish I was a dealer in your patch, dude!!

Not saying don't, just that I ain't throwing my money down the dealers drain for, umm, a few seconds on a quarter? Bit more torque? Yeah, that's handy. Rips your fuel consumption to bits, though. Up the engine, need bigger brakes. More money. Bigger engine & brakes? Need better shocks or forks. Resale? Forget it, mate.

Nope, tuning's not for THIS ecclesiastical egghead 'fraid.

Guess I should get the old Step-Thru out soon..

Old 02-11-2008, 11:37 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hk_shooter

I call bullshit. No way a stock Harley (not including V-Rod) will make 90 HP.
Find an honest salesman.
Don't think the sale guy was lying, just maybe confused (is that unusual). Far as I know HD doesn't mention HP on the aircooled V-twins.
Sales person was more than likely talking stock TQ for the 96 cu. HP is somewhere between 60-70, far as I know.

Over the years, I have learned HP is somewhat misleading. Typically opening your exhaust up and increasing air flow through the motor will increase HP, but lower available TQ. Your are usually increasing your top end HP by allowing more air to pass through the fuel system on a stock engine, but sacrificing low end TQ at the same time.

Proper cams, timing adjustments, fuel delivery, and increased cu almost have to increase TQ & HP. I think this is when a good tuner is so very important.

I leave all this up to the experts though......... Just be careful not to get your bike running too lean. Pistons are expensive to replace.

Note: I take absolutely no responsibility for the above statements, on account I realy don't know what I am talking about, but it sounded real good to me, as I wrote it

DougJ

Old 02-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Trotter
Banned

"91.0 ft. lbs. @ 3125 rpm " that's quoted by the sale people .... That's at the Crank not the rear wheel....

Old 02-11-2008, 06:15 PM
metal_mike
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: hk_shooter

I call bullshit. No way a stock Harley (not including V-Rod) will make 90 HP.
Find an honest salesman.

what he said!

Old 02-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The SE Catalogue quotes 82 ft. lbs Torque and 67 bhp on a stock 96 engine which I assume is what you'd see on the dyno, ie on the rear wheel. I reckon that's about right. Fitting the 103 ci stage 1 kit will give you about another 10 ft lbs and about 10 bhp. The biggest advantage however, is a much flatter torque curve.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:14 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Trotter

"91.0 ft. lbs. @ 3125 rpm " that's quoted by the sale people .... That's at the Crank not the rear wheel....
Man, trotter. So they loose about a third of the torque just going thru the transmission to the back wheel?