Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got my rush 1.75

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:10 PM
caffeine_fueled
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: got my rush 1.75

i think rush ships their slip-ons with the 1.75's standard, that's why most have those. i have the 1.75 slash outs, and love the way they sound.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:45 AM
storm8732
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered 1.75s for mine.....and then somebody on this board was nice enough to send the 2.0s he had that he wasnt going to use due to exhaust replacement....They both sound great....But I sure do like the Bigger deeper sound of the 2.0s Mine are slash outs as well. I was told by the guys as Fuel Moto I got the first set they made for the Fat Bob. They fit perfectly.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:15 AM
GFunkk
6th Gear

I've been thinking about the Rush slip-ons as well. Do I have to upgrade the a/c and tune? The dealer told me I need to do the whole package, but I'm not ready to drop that cash yet. I'd love to just go with new pipes if possible.

Also, how do the Rush compare to the V&H pipes (big radius or 2 in 1)? I have a Fat Bob.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:35 AM
db252
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hog Heaven

Hey DB, I'm getting the same setup, Rush 1.75's with SE a/c and download. How does your bike run after the stage 1 install? Hotter? Any popping on decel? Sounds like you're happy and I can't wait till mine come in as well.
After riding with just the stock setup for a good while, I had a very good base to judge it on and I will say it was quite a different experience for the better. Better throttle response and enough of a power difference to notice. The exhaust really didn't change any response as much as the SE a/c and stage 1 download did. There's also really not a huge change to the system with a stage 1 download as a good fuel manager but it does advance the timing, adjust the air/fuel ratio for the larger air intake, and raise the rpm limiter to 6200.

I do believe there is no real change to the temperature at which it would run since the stage 1 download puts the a/f ratio back to 14.7 with the stage 1 air cleaner which is pretty lean and keeps the bike hotter.

Decel popping hardly happens at all but there is that rare occasion but I like it when it does.

I also added the inline enrichment device from Nightrider that lowers the closed loop a/f ratio to 14.2 to help richen the mixture and keep it cooler. You can find lots of info in the the engine/fuel injection topic and I do recommend those as well since they are fairley cheap. ------> https://www.hdforums.com/m_2836828/tm.htm
Overall, very happy and have no regrets of wishing I did something different.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:40 AM
db252
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: GFunkk

I've been thinking about the Rush slip-ons as well. Do I have to upgrade the a/c and tune? The dealer told me I need to do the whole package, but I'm not ready to drop that cash yet. I'd love to just go with new pipes if possible.

Also, how do the Rush compare to the V&H pipes (big radius or 2 in 1)? I have a Fat Bob.

Dealers full of crap. You can do the Rush slip-ons without changing anything else and cause no harm no matter how long you keep it that way. When you do a stage 1 air cleaner, you will need the stage 1 download or a fuel manager.

I've heard both pipes in person plus you can find them on utube if you do a search. VH are not as deep and have a different tone that does not appeal to me but may to you. Sound is way to subjective to the user and you should go with what you like. You'll spend about $400 more going the VH route which maybe a deciding factor.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:23 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: robertj74

no,Voyager,I bought mine at Valley H-D in Belmont,it was between them or Finks,but I went with Valley because a couple of buddies bought there at Valley,and they seemed really good to deal with,plus they had the color bike I wanted in stock and Fink's did'nt.I actually work down the street from Fink's
Cool. I bought my bike from Finks last fall. Drove across the state to buy it there. Mike fink = 3rd cousun helps some. He a good dude. Plus i born and raised in Zanesville.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Low_Wider
Road Captain

Robert,
First let me say that beauty (sound) is in the eye of the beholder. For me the deeper the sound the better and I like loud but don't want to be setting off car alarms either. When I bought my scoot last year they had a dyna there with a set of the Rush 2" pipes and I was smitten. So they became a requirement on the new scoot.
From what I've heard (literally), if you like to deep and loud sound I would go with either the Rush 2", the 1.75" were noticably not as deep and not necessarily that much quieter. I'm actually considering the 2.25" for an even deeper sounding scoot. The other to consider would be the older SEII if you can still fine them or a newer one and put in the BCT baffles.
All that said what you really have to do is what I did, wait until you hear a bike that you love the sound and find out what pipes their using but also note that engine size, EFI or carb, and compression ratio canmake a noticeable differnence as well. Good Luck.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:32 PM
sparkysguy
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: db252

Dealers full of crap. You can do the Rush slip-ons without changing anything else and cause no harm no matter how long you keep it that way. When you do a stage 1 air cleaner, you will need the stage 1 download or a fuel manager.

I've heard both pipes in person plus you can find them on utube if you do a search. VH are not as deep and have a different tone that does not appeal to me but may to you. Sound is way to subjective to the user and you should go with what you like. You'll spend about $400 more going the VH route which maybe a deciding factor.
--------------------

well some dealers are FOC....an old friend that happens to be an H-D sales mangrinformed me only installing the slip's is ok. recommededthe remap & a/c down the road.

..since I last posted in this thread I picked up (from fuelmoto) 2" Rush slash downs & love the hell outta them. great sound !!

(btw...thx to Don {ie..storm} for responding to my pm re: a couple installation concerns i had..gracias amigo)