Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Tender - where on earth do you......

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:44 PM
LtRex
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Tender - where on earth do you......

I attached the lead to the battery and instantly found myself scratching my head.........

Where on earth have you guys run the lead from the battery? There is no room in there and the battery cover seats completely all the way around the battery area.

What secret little path can you recommend to me - cause I don't see it! [&:]

Thanks in advance guys!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
mentor70
Road Warrior
Default RE: Battery Tender - where on earth do you......

I just use the clamps, I put one on the postitive starter lug and the negitive to one of the bolts that holds the exhaust bracket to the trans. and just rip them off when Im ready to ride.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Bluetoys
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On mine, I was gonna just disconnect the annoying extra lead already there, connect the tender lead up and route it the same way as the old one....but it was cold so I just plugged the tender into the existing one and went back into the house

just sayin'...

Old 02-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Axholio
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have mine wired in to the battery terminals and it comes out between the battery box andthe ignition box(superglide)... Then I just zip tied it to the ignition box.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:26 PM
LtRex
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Bluetoys

On mine, I was gonna just disconnect the annoying extra lead already there, connect the tender lead up and route it the same way as the old one....but it was cold so I just plugged the tender into the existing one and went back into the house

just sayin'...

I gotta hand it to ya, that was a funny reply! Almost choked on my beverage!
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: LtRex

I attached the lead to the battery and instantly found myself scratching my head.........

Where on earth have you guys run the lead from the battery? There is no room in there and the battery cover seats completely all the way around the battery area.

What secret little path can you recommend to me - cause I don't see it! [&:]

Thanks in advance guys!

The Battery Tender came with a pigtail that had the AMP connector on one end, and ring terminals for the battery on the other like this:

There is a 7.5 amp fuse in the pigtail. I took off the battery cover and connected the ring terminals to the battery. I stuffed the fuse holder under the black elastic that goes around the battery. I routed the AMP connector so that when I reinstalled the battery cover (it does fit even with the extra wire and fuse holder), about 6-7" of wire with the AMP connector stuck out near the shock. I zip tied the whole thing down. Now, I can just connect the Battery Tender to the AMP connector sticking out whenever necessary. The connector has a cover to protect it when not in use. Easy to hook up whenever needed.

I also routed wires to a Powerlet plug on the handlebars for 12v power and I can also connect the Battery Tender there if I want.

Sorry, cant get any pics right now.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 with Axholio. Except that mine sits pretty tight to the battery box and there was no need to tie it off.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Clutch66
Tourer

Where do you guys live that you need a battery tender?

You need to move to Houston. We ride 365 and no battery tender needed. In fact, I've never seen them for sale here.

I'm not sure, but it was around 72 or 74 here today. My scoot started right up, no battery tender needed.

God Bless you guys.

C66

Old 02-07-2008, 10:31 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got mine on tender since 11-11-07 generaly can get it out once or twice in winter but havent been able to this yr yet grrr between the snow and ice.I dont use the pigtails myeslf dont like the looks of extra wire just dangling. Just pull the cover hook up to hot lead and other to the trans bolt.10 secs to throw cover back on

Old 02-07-2008, 11:09 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Mine is wired to the battery terminals and wrapped around the rubber strap that secures the battery. In Winter I remove the battery cover and leave it off so I can connect the tender once a month. Then in Spring I jam it in there and replace the cover.

Quick Reply: Battery Tender - where on earth do you......