Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle Exhaust for Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008 | 03:56 PM
lumpyk
|
1st Gear
Default Screamin Eagle Exhaust for Dynas

I recently returned home from Iraq, while I was there I purchased a Harley through a military program, Figured I deserved it. I have fainlly reached my 1000 miles. I am having the Stage 1 air cleaner kit put on and want to change the exhaust. WhenI had asked at the dealer about the Screamin Eagle Exhausrt slip-ons he told me they are not much louder then the factory exhaust.I have since spoke to some one else and they said they are wrong it is alot louder. Does any one know if they are or are not much louder? Or should I just go with an after market exhaust? If so what do you recomend A Vance and Hines, I am looking for loud not so much prefotmance. It is a 2007 Dyna Super Glide FXD.

Old 02-07-2008 | 04:08 PM
stell55chevy
Road Master
Default RE: Screamin Eagle Exhaust for Dynas

When Ifirst got my 06' Superglide I went with the Screamin Eagle I series. not much difference from stock at all. I have heard that the SEII is a much louder muffler.

I would really recommend, (from my own experience), to go with Vance and Hines instead. they are a much louder slip on. looking for a set of straightshots myself.

Old 02-07-2008 | 04:14 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

If you are looking for loud more than performance, don't look twice at SE's. They are not that much louder than stock. You may want to look at V&H's, Rush, Cycle Shack, or maybe even some older SE II's if you can find some. I've had the SE II's and the V&H's - I liked the V&H's better. They were plenty loud for me.

Old 02-07-2008 | 04:16 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

Had SE1 mufflers installed when I bought my '06 Low Rider.

I'm not sure if the current SE are the same, but mine were louder than stock.
They were not the sound I ws looking for so I sold them to a Forum member and he likes them.

Now have V&H Straightshots HS slipons with with Quiet baffles and I'm happy with them, although the fiberglass needs replacing.

Old 02-07-2008 | 04:54 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master

I just put on a pair of the new ones and I like them. But they are NOT loud. Just a deeper tone then the stock mufflers. I would say they are barely louder then stock.

Old 02-07-2008 | 05:06 PM
Splatter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: lumpyk
[...]WhenI had asked at the dealer about the Screamin Eagle Exhausrt slip-ons he told me they are not much louder then the factory exhaust.I have since spoke to some one else and they said they are wrong it is alot louder. Does any one know if they are or are not much louder?
I think you got your answer.

"Loud" is a subjective thing. I also have a 2007 Super Glide. After 5,000 miles, I thought the stock mufflers sounded pretty good. I got a set of the new 49-state street legal slip-ons. They are without question louder than my stock pipes. But they're not loud in the sense that they're going to wake up the neighbors or make other drivers flinch when I go past them.

My subjective assessment is that at highway speeds they're not especially loud at all (based on my exhaust note in underpasses.) What they are is deep-sounding at idle and low speed -- which is where I get to hear them anyway. I like 'em a lot. But that's just me.

Old 02-07-2008 | 05:24 PM
JRK5892
Banned

I have the SE II on my bike LOVE THEM!!!

Old 02-07-2008 | 09:54 PM
Jaybob07
Tourer

First of all welcome back home and nice bike. Military auto sorce is a good thing for us. One of the officers that I work with has some of the SE on a 03 deuce. Not the sound that I want so I'm going with the V&H sideshots. They'll be here next week sometime. This is a good place and you should get some good feed back.

Old 02-07-2008 | 10:02 PM
KCY28
Intermediate

FXDL 2007 and just installed K&N A/C with Power Comander III and Rhinehart 2-2 Flush and they are loud as sh*t. Lov'in it! The neighbors all looked outsde when I cracked it the first time. Friends own bourgets and they were amazed with the sound. I am pretty amazed at the responsiveness and sound. I feel the concrete slab of my garage shake too. Could not think of any other set of pipes I would want. I am sure everybody could say that about their own set too.

Old 02-07-2008 | 11:22 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I have the SEII's that were discontinued in 2006 because of the epa regs. Love em. [8D]

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle Exhaust for Dynas