Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle Exhaust for Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008 | 10:44 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Screamin Eagle Exhaust for Dynas

ORIGINAL: ELK HUNTER

lumpyk, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!! Does the millitary get a special deal? My brother-in-law is in the navy and is due to retire June 09 and wants a Harley, but I don't think he has looked into buying through the millitary.

It's a program that's open to all deployed or overseas military personnel, but only if they're serving outside the continental US. If your brother-in-law is serving in Okinawa or something like that, or is in Iraq/Afghanistan, he's eligible for the program. The program sells Harleys (and Dodge/Ford vehicles as well) at roughly MSRP, so you do save a couple bucks. I'm in Iraq right now, and will likely be reserving an '09 Street Bob before I leave country...they're all out of '08s.[&:] It'll be available for pickup at a dealership in November. Can't wait.

On topic with the thread, what other companies put out the slant-cut slipons like the SE's? I want something better than those, but I do like the look.

Old 05-20-2008 | 10:45 AM
splitting_lanes
Tourer

I have a set of the Screaming Eagle slip-ons 80493-07 on my '07 FXD. when I first put them on, I did not think they were that much louder than stock, just deeper. I believe they have gotten louder over time, like the fiberglass packing has gradually blown out... and I really like the sound of them. I don't 'wake' the neighborhood when I start it, but when I get on it, I set off car alarms as I pass. But, if I were you, and considering more performance, I'd consider a 2 into 1 exhaust system also.... just my $0.018

Old 05-20-2008 | 11:54 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

I've put a thousand miles on mine since Jan. and am happy with them,as a side note I recently installed Xied's which gave them a deeper tone due to the richer mixture(at all speeds)

Old 05-20-2008 | 12:44 PM
Gaffy52
Road Master

ORIGINAL: BluBob

Gaffey,
My stock pipes were louder than your stock pipes. I know this because I sold them to a guy over there who wanted them to replace his stockers.
Can't be as they were not much quieter than the V&H BRs I have on it now - maybe we get differnet specs here than in the US.