Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle Exhaust for Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008 | 03:18 PM
saltybull
Cruiser
Default RE: Screamin Eagle Exhaust for Dynas

+1 on SEII Discontinued model!

Old 04-01-2008 | 03:44 PM
Sarge 154
Road Captain

Welcome back and thanks for your service. You definately deserve it. Great post. I also have an 07 FXD and am trying to figure out what pipesI want. Ride safe.

Old 05-19-2008 | 12:43 PM
bobtheuke
Intermediate

Hello from England....i have a 2007 dyna super glide custom injection 1584cc with original exhaust but European spec re emissions etc.......Can someone tell me which slip on mufflers can i put on to get more of a Harley roar without having to fit a fuel pak and what have you. Can you fit some without any modifications??????.....I just want to be able to swap between the originals when i go for ministry testing and some louder ones for the rest of the year....Some lovely bikes on this discussion.....Thanking you in anticipation Bob Staffordshire England

Old 05-19-2008 | 03:26 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
From: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.

Hey Lumpyk, thanks for serving. I think Rinehart makes great stuff. I have BUB Chamber Maid pipes on my 94 Lowrider. A buddy of mine has Rinehart slipons on his Street Bob. Both bikes are awsome sounding. At MB last week I saw a pair of Black Rinehart short slipons that I think I would like. Some say that they are a bit pricy, but I'm telling I think they are great sounding.

bobtheuke, According to my understanding the EFI system runs the fuel air/mixture at 14.7:1. HD said in the Enthusiast magazine that changingpipes would not cause the EFI system to run leaner than that. That said, Night Rider has the XIED system for about $100.00 USD. These adjust the output from the O2 sensors causing the system to run at a richer 13.8:1. Cheap and easy to install, they'll work ok with what ever mufflers although changing mufflers back and forth sounds like a lot of trouble. Hope this helps.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Old 05-19-2008 | 06:05 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member

ORIGINAL: bobtheuke

Hello from England....i have a 2007 dyna super glide custom injection 1584cc with original exhaust but European spec re emissions etc.......Can someone tell me which slip on mufflers can i put on to get more of a Harley roar without having to fit a fuel pak and what have you. Can you fit some without any modifications??????.....I just want to be able to swap between the originals when i go for ministry testing and some louder ones for the rest of the year....Some lovely bikes on this discussion.....Thanking you in anticipation Bob Staffordshire England
Vance and Hines slip ons go on real easy. You can also swap out for different baffles. As long as you do not change out the air cleaner then you would not have to do any other modifications.

Old 05-19-2008 | 06:28 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: lumpyk

I am looking for loud not so much prefotmance.
I have the 49 state Screamin Eagles. I like them a lot, but they are not loud. They have a good sound, definitely not stock. Good torque producers (IMO, no Dyno). I settled on these because I was moving to CA and knew my new neighbors would not put up with the ShortShots, and wouldn't have to with the law on their side. I would love to have pipes that made little kids cry, but not if I am riding out of my house at 7am every workday. If you are going for sound over performance, don't go for these, especially not for $300.00 MSRP. You could look for a set of Rush or SEIIs new on Ebay or on this forum for way less $ and spend the rest on an AC and IEDs. Good luck.

Old 05-19-2008 | 06:34 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior

Kanzig,
I have the Screamin Eagle Street 49 state (new, quieter SEs) They have an EPA stamp on them (I think 84db) and are stamped "Screamin Eagle" not "Screamin Eagle II". When you look into the business end, it is obvious they are not a hollow pipe, they have an inner pipe that come almost all the way out to the end of the chrome outer pipe. If yours look hollow and have "Screamin Eagle II" and no EPA stamp, they are probably the pre-06 race use only pipes.

Old 05-20-2008 | 06:08 AM
Harlee132
Advanced

I just installed the screamin' eagle II 80258-99A slip on's and they are much louder than the original. These were produced in '05 and may be different than the one's currently offered by HD. I got mine off of Ebay. I am VERY happy with the sound as well as performance.

Old 05-20-2008 | 09:50 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

I have the SEII's that were discontinued in 2006 because of the epa regs. Love em. [8D]
I have to disagree as for the UK martket my SE IIslip onswere way louder than the stock exhausts.

By the way I have a set of these for sale for an '06 / '07 FXD with about 2K miles on them in pretty much new condition -can't get them new any more in the UK for love nor money.

Do what I did and go to your dealer and see if he has any second hand bikes in stock with different exhausts on and get him to fire them up so you can listen to them.

Old 05-20-2008 | 10:12 AM
BluBob
Road Warrior

Gaffey,
My stock pipes were louder than your stock pipes. I know this because I sold them to a guy over there who wanted them to replace his stockers.

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle Exhaust for Dynas