Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle Exhaust for Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008 | 07:06 AM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Default RE: Screamin Eagle Exhaust for Dynas

I have the SEIIs that were discontinued on mine too. Just put them on recently. So far, I love em. I haven't rode it enough to tell if it's changed the performance any, but the sound is much better. Not too loud, but louder than stock. Just right in my opinion. It's just that though...all about opinion. My neighbor is dying to take the baffles out to make it louder. I don't want to. I don't want to take away the back pressure. I am considering Thunder City Baffles later though.

Old 02-08-2008 | 10:41 AM
ELK HUNTER
Intermediate

lumpyk, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!! Does the millitary get a special deal? My brother-in-law is in the navy and is due to retire June 09 and wants a Harley, but I don't think he has looked into buying through the millitary.

Old 02-08-2008 | 11:09 AM
eazyride
Cruiser

my '04 super glide sport fxdx has screaming eagle II exhaust pipes, SE breather kit, K&N air filter. The sound is loud enough to tear your ears apart. I really love it when going through a tunnel.

personally i'm not that fond of vance n hines or hardkrome. Thunder headers are loud but more bass and punchy noise.

Wanna go louder? get the samson pipes, not the slip ons. They're mean and LOUD!
if you change the exhaust, performance will upgrade too just a little.

Old 02-08-2008 | 11:24 AM
strengthin1
Cruiser

I have an '03 Lowrider that I had SE'2 on. They were louder than stock and definately a lot louder than my Girfriends SE1's that she put on her '07 Lowrider. I have since put the Rinehart staggereds on my bike after I did a bunch of motor work.When I had this done my girfriend bought the same pipes for her '07!. If you're even thinking about the V&H stop looking at the SE's b/c they are not even close to being the same loudness. Looks like this forum just saved ya some cash (from buying 2 sets of pipes until your happy)!! That's what this is all about. Good Luck to you!

Wade

Old 02-08-2008 | 11:35 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

If you want a nice deep tone look no further than rineharts or the 2" Rush slipons....

Old 02-08-2008 | 09:43 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

I installed a set of screaming eagle mufflers p/n 80492-07 (slash out) about 90 min. ago,I like them already after a short ride.It's dark and cold here in OH. but I'll be able to take a longer ride tomorrow.For me they arejust what I was looking for:deeper tone,good looks and fit,louder but not offensive.I bought them slighty used from a guy on this website for half price.He had removed the baffles and taken the fiberglass packing out and put the baffles back in so they are a little louder than stock.Since they have the warning labels etched into them they are street legal (the packing would have burnt out in a few thousand miles anyway).The dyno chart on the HD website shows a performance increase as well.My bike is an 07 FXD so we are on the same page here.The reflash of the ecm is specifically designed for this muffler and the SE EFI air cleaner.I learned that on this website from TROTTER.Ask yourself this,do I really want to hear a loud roaring sound constantly or do I want a good sounding bike and increased performance?By the way THANKS for serving me and my country in the ARMED FORCES.

Old 02-08-2008 | 10:40 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcom back. I did the same thing, but bought two bikes after returning from Iraq. Put SE IIs (which are no longer offered by HD) on my WG. They are much louder than stock. the current SE slip-ons are EPA compliant and aren't much louder than stock.

Old 02-10-2008 | 12:55 PM
08FXDC
Road Master

If you want screamin eagle slip ons go with the seII, the newer sceamin eagle slip ons are mandated by the epa and are not much louder then stock. Consider python slipons, reasonable price, look about the same as screamin eagles and they are slightly louder the the seII.

Old 02-10-2008 | 04:35 PM
lumpyk
|
1st Gear

Thanks for all the help from everyone, got my answer. I am going top get the V&H Big Shots with the SE High Flow air cleaner, and race tuner from from Harley. Thanks All

Old 04-01-2008 | 02:04 PM
Kanzig
Tourer

Mostly on topic, I want to ask a question:

How can you tell the difference between the EPA compliant/newer Screaming Eagle slip-ons and the older/louder Screaming Eagle slip-ons? I ask this because I bought a 2006 Sportster that has the slash-down Screaming Eagle slip-ons. On the underside of the pipes I think it says something like "Not for street use" and no EPA stamp? I think I have the older ones but I'm curious what the newer ones say on the underside and if they have the EPA stamp.

Kanzig

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle Exhaust for Dynas