Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have been ill so i painted a guitar... New pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 03:04 AM
abcd9906
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have been ill so i painted a guitar... check it out

Well, I don't see a "flake" that you're spraying? It looks like only metallic silver you're trying to use as flake. You need actual flake man. A lot of different companys sell it, but I prefer House of Kolors flakes. They aren't that expensive either. Buy you some F15 from House of Kolors its a silver mini flake. That's a start. You put your flake in any carrier. I use clear base coat for mine but you can put a pinch of flake in your clear is what a lot of guys do. You never want to put color over flakes .... just doesnt make any sense. All it does it cover the flakes up with color and make your surface rough. If you paint anything over your flakes it needs to be Kandy. Kandys are translucent which not only gives the flake a different effect it also magnifies it because you are putting a kind of tinted clear I shoulod say on it.Try like I told you in your PM for the cheap kandys. But do this.Get some Plastic school type binders and draw a star and a circle and a square. Cut em out and use these as some stencils. Spray onto an old mirror or pane of glass so that you can just scrape it off when you want to try something else. I used glass to practice skulls and flames forever man. when i was done i just scraped it with a razor blade. Spray your panel with silver basecoat. NO single stage crap .. but a bright silver basecoat.Put lets say the star pattern onto the panel and just spray the edges of the star and kind of shade aroundthe edges in. Grab your next pattern and put it overlaping the star a litle bit and spray the edges of that with a different color kandy. Pull it off and then grab your square or whatever your didnt use yet and overlap some of the other patterns you sprayed and spray it a differnt color also.Grab some reducer and just put a lil pinch full of flake in it ... stir it up to aggitate em a little and shake the **** out of your gun while you spraying to keep the flakes from settling and clogging up your tip. Spray the panel in about 4 light coats of flake and then clear the whole thing. Try that and then post pics. You can either cut the star out to use as a stencil or use the piece you cut out of as the stencil, you understand? Positive stencil and a negetive stencil. Thatd be a good start man. Also You need different spray equipment. Just go to your local whole auto paint supply place and buy a cheap3 set starter kit of paint guns. Like 65 - 100 dollars for a three piece gun set with all the cleaning brushes and everything. You want at least a 1.7 tip in one of them to spray your flakes. A 1.3 1.4 1.5 are all good for basecoat and clears. Only use your airbrushes if your doing portraits or something REALLY detailed like murals and crap man. When you make your "kandy" dont over do it. You want it to slightly have any color to it. You wantit to be see through. To dark and it wont even have any effect over the silver it will just look like paint.. Just start light with real transparent coats of the kandy over the silver. Just PM me with questions man and I can walk you through anything to do with paint or bodywork. Your problem now is that your guns have to small of a tip to spray correctly to atomize the paint. You need better guns to be spraying what you're trying to spray. I dont know what kind of paint your using??? ARe you using automotive paint? You cant buy itthinner .. but you can buy italready reduced if you ask for it that way fr