Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear turn sigs with detachable backrest question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:11 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Rear turn sigs with detachable backrest question...

ORIGINAL: DougsDyna

Good luck with your choice.............. You ain't gonna like the QD hardware on that pretty motorsic

Make sure you keep your take offs, for future use

DougJ
I've seen the detach hardware, it's a minor detail that I think I can live with. Anyone that knows bikes and rides with their women will know that it was a huge sacrifice to add the detach hardware to please the Mrs. They'll understand even though I'll be silently weeping...

Old 02-05-2008, 05:12 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Dynaflyer

I like the strut and the axle lights. One question on the axle lights.. seems like you would have to run/route the wires along the swing arm then into the inside of theframe cavity and under the seat to connect to the turn signal leads. ???
The wiring will be routed along either the bottom or along the inside of the swingarm.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F that! That's where the Kuryakyn bag I bought to strap to the handlebars comes in handy, or I'll attach a luggage rack to the detach to strap the bag to. You have to draw the line somewhere!
Bags should never touch that bike IMO.[:'(] The quick release sissy bar/luggage rack/bag will do the trick, even for overnight.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:12 AM
RAPTORAZ
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

For those of you with a detachable backrest, what are you using for rear turn signals? My dealership thinks they'll look like **** once they put the detach on and have me thinking of losing the turn signals and going to a Panacea Brake/Turn Signal stop light.
The Panacea is the route I went with. I love the way my Bob looks without the turns. The Panacea is plenty visible.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:45 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The wiring will be routed along either the bottom or along the inside of the swingarm.
Jake, I don't know why I've been following this thread so much when I don't really have a dog in this fight. Anyway, I would say that, compared to strut lights or lights mounted way down on the swingarm or axle covers, the Panacea all-in-one taillight/signal light unit is probably the best choice. I know first-hand that it is still not as visible as the stock location or even the license plate location, but IMO, I think they are more likely to be seen there than down low almost to the ground.

Just my2 cents...

Old 02-05-2008, 09:52 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

Jake, I don't know why I've been following this thread so much when I don't really have a dog in this fight. Anyway, I would say that, compared to strut lights or lights mounted way down on the swingarm or axle covers, the Panacea all-in-one taillight/signal light unit is probably the best choice. I know first-hand that it is still not as visible as the stock location or even the license plate location, but IMO, I think they are more likely to be seen there than down low almost to the ground.

Just my2 cents...
Your opinion is just as much appreciated as the next, that's why I posed the question, to get as many opinions or options as possible. I think even if I go with the Axle Lights, it's just that little bit more visibility than just having the Panacea.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:04 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Your opinion is just as much appreciated as the next, that's why I posed the question, to get as many opinions or options as possible. I think even if I go with the Axle Lights, it's just that little bit more visibility than just having the Panacea.
Just trying to help. It's your bike of course so choose what you think is best and go with it. Either way, you're going to have those black nylon studs sticking out from the struts and I'm sure you'd prefer not to. Like you said - damn wimmins! I think I'm approaching about $4k in mods and about a fourth of that almost never goes on my bike (windshield, detachable side plates, sissy bar, backrest, luggage rack, Tallboy seat). Almost all of that for the 5% of the time, at best, that she wants to ride. Yet, I have to hear her b!tch about everything else on there that I've added for me.

All I know is it's supposed to be 79 degrees here this afternoon and I haven't ridden in weeks. Don't know where that weather is coming from and it won't last long so I'm crankin her up in a little while.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:46 AM
rob_will
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 07bobber

THE JP LINK IS FOR SOFTAILS AND IT WONT WORK WITH DYNAS I THINK HOGRIDA TRIED USING THEM AND THEY DONT FIT RIGHT.
WOW!!! thanks for the heads up...

Old 02-06-2008, 09:27 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, Axle Cover lights are on order from Alloy Art. I checked with the dealership today and he's going to check back to see if they have them in black or only in chrome. I think black would look good on the swingarm.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:28 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

alright cant wait to see some pics!

Quick Reply: Rear turn sigs with detachable backrest question...