Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seats available now for 06 Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 12:37 AM
WillieC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang Seats available now for 06 Dynas

I see that Mustang has the 2006 Dyna model seats available now.I must order one !!

Willie

Old 01-18-2006, 02:08 AM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mustang Seat for 2006 Dynas

Saw that this morning. The seat I want lists for $650. Very expensive, but the best usually is. I'll be buying one soon.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:21 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Mustang Seat for 2006 Dynas

damn..I should've waited...oh well..I like my HD pillow seat. But you definitely can't go wrong with a mustang. Greatest motorcycle seats on the market!

Todd

Old 01-18-2006, 04:03 PM
WillieC
Road Master
Default Reply I received from Mustang

Here is the reply I received from Mustang today.
I have found them to be very honest and have a GREAT product at a reasonable
cost.

" If you place your order today, you might actually get the seat in about
six weeks. We just started production yesterday and already have a huge
waitinglist to fill. "

Thanks for choosing Mustang.

Customer Service

Old 01-18-2006, 04:23 PM
wild wally
Road Master
Default RE: Mustang Seats available now for 06 Dynas

I've been eyeballing them. I wonder how much more comfortable they are than my harley touring seat. my seat is pretty comfortable, but my wife has a tendency to slide forward on the pillion. The Mustang seat appears to have a nice slight slant backward for the passenger.

Wally

Old 01-18-2006, 06:10 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior

Thanx, Willie. Didn't think of that. I expect the to take delivery of the bike around the end of Feb, first part of March. So I ordered the seat today.

I'll save the Solo seat for those long trips I do alone. Maybe. I'll probably just sell it on e-bay.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:41 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior

I placed my order yesterday on line. I ordered the solo seat with backrest, the matching passenger pillon, and the short wide passenger back rest. Total of about $700. Today I got back this replay:

>> We received your online order for the # xxxx which is on backorder and should be available within three to four weeks. As soon as the order is ready, we will e-mail you again and notify you of the shipping date. Your credit card will not be charged until the order is actually shipped. >>

I should have the seat before I have the bike

Old 01-20-2006, 03:15 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was just checking out mustang's site...I see there are seats available for 06 dynas, but I see that they're limited. There seems to be a few rider and passenger seats that are designed specifically for comfort/touring. But I didn't see any one-piece, custom look seats. That's unfortunate because I am seriously considering checking into that.
I know how great mustang seats are because I had one on my old bike. Unfortunately, the more comfort you get, usually the less visually appealing they are. That was certainly the case with my old ride, and when I was shopping around for a new seat for my 06 DWG. The dealer was helpful..they let me put a number of different seats on my bike...I checked out HD's sidekick, rallyrunner, sundowner, and pillow-look seats. The rallyrunner and sidekick seats looked really cool, but weren't as comfortable. On the other hand, the sundowner was like a couch, but just didn't look too good on my bike. The rider part looked fine, but the passanger section just seemed too big and out of place. So I finally settled for the pillow-look. It's not as nice looking as the sidekick and rallyrunner seats, but still fit the bike and was definitely more comfortable. Nonetheless, I am still really hoping to find somehing that looks more custom styled while giving a superior level of comfort. If anybody could pull that off, it would be mustang.
Either way, like I said before, you can't go wrong with a mustang. Enjoy it!

Todd

Old 01-20-2006, 10:26 PM
Budds
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Luv mine.....

wild wally , Cant say on the new models....
But mine sits GREAT !
And the passenger seat does have a bit of a back-sweep on mine, and the wife says its comfortable.
I had back work done on my L-5, ( Well they removed it. ), and can ride comfy for about an hour before I have to get off and move around. ( Wife usually is good for more.... but appreciates the stops so she can pee...Lol !

Anyways......

Budds..........

Old 01-26-2006, 11:42 AM
lmundy
Intermediate

Looks like Mustang is beating the 3-4 week estimate for 2006 Dyna seats - the vintage wide solos, anyhow. Got this in email this AM:

"Good news. Your seats came in off backorder this morning and will be shipped out from our factory later today. Going via UPS ground, you should receive your shipment within about one week. You can call Mustang for UPS tracking information twenty-four hours after you receive this notification of shipping. "

I have been waiting on my Mustang seat to decide what to do about bars, as I understand the Mustang may position me a bit differently - I've heard forward an inch, back an inch, all over the place but none of the postings have been for the new seat on the '06 frame so I'll report. With the stock seat on my FXDI, the bars are just a skoosh too far away, but I didn't want to get something with more pullback (and risk the $$ for longer cables and hoses) until I knew for sure.

Quick Reply: Mustang Seats available now for 06 Dynas