Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:47 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Crossbones

congrats... I just got to see one this afternoon and the pictures just do not do it justice.... I actually was not impressed with the bike till I saw it in person... It rocks.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-02-2008, 09:48 PM
TheeBoy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey brotha, can't blame you, that is a sweet *** looking bike. I agree that seat needs to go, but other than that you are set with a sick looking bike. Congrats

Old 02-02-2008, 09:57 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sarge4life

Sarge I bought one last week.. There are Seats and rear fenders available Now.... I'm doing the Short strutless Stubby rear fender and the Butt Crack seat.. Should get the fender back from thepainter nextweek ...Congrats on the New Bike ...
Damn Trotter, how many scooters do you have now??[:-]

I rode it around for about an hour this evening. I ended up spending the whole day at the dealership. They made a big deal out of me being the first to buy a Crossbones, so I didn't get out of there until after 6. It broke my heart to leave my Dyna sitting in the service area. I know she will be loved though. The entire dealership staff, minus the finance guy who was working with me, was standing around her admiring.

The Crossbones rides like a dream, but it definitely isn't for short people with the factory seat. I'm 5' 11" with a 34" inseam and the seat grazes the jewels when I stand flat-footed. I truly appreciate what they were shooting for with the bobber seat, but it just doesn't cut it. Although they did think ahead and made it detachable with a thumb screw. The yolk and springs are mounted to a plate that comes off in one piece. No frame mods at all. Other than the seat and pipes that sound like a Honda, I absolutely love it!

The best part is.....the wife doesn't even know yet! It's only my second week in NC and look what I've done without adult supervision. Any advice on how to break the news would be greatly appreciated.
Send her a post card??

DougJ

Old 02-02-2008, 10:01 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The best part is.....the wife doesn't even know yet! It's only my second week in NC and look what I've done without adult supervision. Any advice on how to break the news would be greatly appreciated.

Flowers, chocolate and give her your American Express card....

Old 02-02-2008, 10:16 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: hk_shooter

Flowers, chocolate and give her your American Express card....
I would need to go into the witness protection plan. She would try to kill me and I'm pretty sure I would be the only witness.............[&:]

Old 02-02-2008, 11:05 PM
RockStarr
Intermediate

i like everything about the x bones!

Old 02-02-2008, 11:15 PM
dynasty
Tourer

congrats on the purchase! On breaking it to the wife - you're on your own. if i had any idea how to do that i wouldn't be sleeping on the couch everytime i bring home a new toy. but hey at least you didn't add to the stable, you merely traded.

I am from NC. hickory area (west of you). i have family in Raleigh. You've got some great riding coming up. Myrtle Beach, up the coast and back down the mountains is an awesome ride.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Black Bob
Cruiser

Congrats - she's a beauty. I think the sprung seat actually makes the look of the bike but I guess it's another thing to try to live with the added height

Old 02-03-2008, 04:22 AM
Trotter
Banned

I'll post some pic's of the Seat and fender when I get it all back together.. there are so many options with this bike, About the Wife not knowing Hummmm... Yer on yer own there..LOL.. If it gets too bad I'm only a couple hours away and theres still room in the Barn, till theLOW PRESSUREmoves through.....My wife's so use to it now after 30 years she just shakes her head ....She probably got something cooking in the back of her head,, I'm just waiting for the day she get's payback...

Sarge I bought one last week.. There are Seats and rear fenders available Now.... I'm doing the Short strutless Stubby rear fender and the Butt Crack seat.. Should get the fender back from thepainter nextweek ...Congrats on the New Bike ...
Damn Trotter, how many scooters do you have now??[:-]

I rode it around for about an hour this evening. I ended up spending the whole day at the dealership. They made a big deal out of me being the first to buy a Crossbones, so I didn't get out of there until after 6. It broke my heart to leave my Dyna sitting in the service area. I know she will be loved though. The entire dealership staff, minus the finance guy who was working with me, was standing around her admiring.

The Crossbones rides like a dream, but it definitely isn't for short people with the factory seat. I'm 5' 11" with a 34" inseam and the seat grazes the jewels when I stand flat-footed. I truly appreciate what they were shooting for with the bobber seat, but it just doesn't cut it. Although they did think ahead and made it detachable with a thumb screw. The yolk and springs are mounted to a plate that comes off in one piece. No frame mods at all. Other than the seat and pipes that sound like a Honda, I absolutely love it!

Old 02-03-2008, 04:40 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats guys. Those are great looking bikes can't wait for the pics. Sarge you have big Jewels to do that without the OL knowing. She will love it but you better get a two up seat on her. Trotter can't wait to see your mods.

Quick Reply: Crossbones