Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Once again, stay away from the dealerships...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:50 PM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Once again, stay away from the dealerships...

said the SAME exact thing to my wife last night, hmmr!

Old 02-03-2008, 01:24 PM
BobbyD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a thought......if you spent ten minutes waiting on the phone to get the part numbers, write them down, drive to the dealership and probably still wait while Junior goes off and finds the parts, why not just drive there and tell them what you want and while Junior goes off looking for the parts you lookat the bikes and other accessories and cute sales girls working the clothing section and then you either have your parts or their on order. No stress, no mess. Just my thoughts, I try not to get stressed about too much in life. Hell, I'm fifty years old with no gray hairs and the blood pressure of a twenty year old. Yeah I know, who gives a **** but I sleep better at night.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:26 PM
ksscooter
Cruiser

I side with the dealer. His first duty is to himself and his family, his employees, and to stay in business in the internet age. The dealer isn't there to serve as a free library for people that are too cheap to pay the "stealership" price. If it wasn't a real problem they wouldn't have had to make the rule to protect themselves, and if it is a rule it applies to everybody. No discrimination law suits that way.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:14 PM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior

yeah, just paint everybody with a broad stroke, ksscooter...??? ....thing is, they LOST my business because of it, and they'll surely lose others... a wise man once said:

"ignorance is the failure to discriminate between the permanent and the impermanent..."

...in other words, they lost a permanent customer because they mixed me in with the impermanent ones (those that are too cheap to pay the "stealership" price.... as you say)

Old 02-03-2008, 05:43 PM
57springer57
Road Captain

After reading this post i can see 2 sides to the issue but I still think that,one on one, know me by name, etc,should be worthsomething to the dealer .

Old 02-03-2008, 06:01 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got to agree with Marblemania - the parts guy and manager are getting paid by the hour. Most likely if they had another "live customer" they would be helping them before getting back to you on the phone. Long story short, they need to realize it's in the LONG RUN better to not **** off customers. What these dealerships need to do if they are really concerned about Internet competition is to reduce their prices (maybe not 20% like many on-line folks, but 10-15% would sure go a long way in keeping customers).

Old 02-03-2008, 06:11 PM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior

here's the thing- and i don't think i'm alone here- i'm NOT always looking for the cheapest price ...i mean, it's nice to fall upon a nice bargain, but i patronized an establishment because of the way i was treated, not because of their prices ....it's called LOYALTY...and it's slowly becoming an outdated concept because of knee-jerk reactions and indiscriminate attitudes

i hate feeling this way.... because it speaks to my dignity and my perceived integrity of a place of business where i thought all that was understood... that's called a RELATIONSHIP...and i was wrong about it, and i'm more upset with that than anything else

dramatic- maybe even pathetic- i know.... but the whole thing threw me into a weird depressive state over the past 24 hours.... LOL!

Old 02-03-2008, 06:57 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

ORIGINAL: BG Weasel

I'm gonna buck the trend here and say that I understand their new policy completely. And since it's "new", there was probably a good reason for it. Probably 9 out of 10 callers have no intention of buying the part from the dealer and handling those calls takes away from the time the parts guy spends face to face with customers who take the time to walk into their store. And we can always buy our own parts book and look it up ourselves.
What happened to customer service? Whatever happened to the customer is always right? I can't believe anyone agrees with the policy.
Businesses used to understand that customer service is the most importaint part of your business, especialy a business that counts on a select group of people. Keeping a customer happy that spent multiple thousands of dollars at your business should be your top priority. If it isn't then they should read the first post very carefully and over and over until it is clear. They threw something away that they can never get back and no Harley dealer can afford to do that in todays business market. The dealers that are still being arrogant like this today will be gone tomorrow

Old 02-03-2008, 07:58 PM
coastrider
Road Master

Sorry to hear so many of you have had problems. I live on the central Oregon coast. I bought my bike at Paradise HD inTigard, OR (a suburb of Portland) They have been nothing butgreat. They delivered the bike to me free of charge when I bought it (140 miles).When it was due for the 1000 mile service (in Feb.) the came down and picked it up free ofcharge. When I dropped it on a ride to Portland and broke the left rear turn signal off they got me in as soon as I arrived at the dealer and had me on my way in about an hour. I only get to the Portland area once or twice a month and I always stop at Paradise. I always order my parts in person and the parts guys have always been great. If something has to be ordered it always arrives with two or three days and they hold it for me until I come up the next time.
I try to work with the same guy every time for parts just as I always try to work with the same gal for clothing, helmets, boots, etc. I would recommend Mike Durbin and his staff anytime.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:02 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Quick Reply: Once again, stay away from the dealerships...