Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Once again, stay away from the dealerships...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 04:55 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Once again, stay away from the dealerships...

ORIGINAL: b5mac

Hey man, life is too short to sweat the small stuff. If you don't like the way the dealer is taking care of you, find the part number on line and buy from someone else. Don't get hung up by someones attitude when it's so easy to use the internet to get what you want.
As much as I get worked up by the corporation, this is probably the best advice yet!!

Old 02-02-2008, 05:07 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

99439-07A - Parts Catalog '07 Dyna® Models

I know because just ordered one from Zinotti's

Old 02-02-2008, 05:14 PM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup I must agree I prefer not to trust the dealers or the mechanics. I recently brought my bike in for its first service and it included a wash. I go tthe bike back with a few light scratches, light they used terrry cloth towels to dry it. Not happy. I didnt notice till I got it home under my light ( it was dark when I picked it up) this wont happen again. Fortunately it was the clear coat and easy enough to hide till I get time to repair it. If you dont like your local dealer , dont give them the business. Order online and get the parts shipped to ya. Dont get mad get even.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:18 PM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TurkeyRun, you are the man!...thanks!

...and yeah, i agree with you b5mac.... that's what i did.... took my business elsewhere... no worries.... just figured i'd share this crazy experience, that's all

now off to put my goodridge "ebony" brake line on.... =-)

....tomorrow's another day

Old 02-02-2008, 07:30 PM
cigarman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just like anything else, ther are good and bad. Deal with the good ones and avoid the bad. I got price quotes and trades-insall over the place when I was looking to repace my this bike. They varied all over the place (I have 4 dealerships within a 30 mile driving distance). I took my business to the one that treated me best--overall, not just one purchase. They know me and know I'm a good customer.

As far as parts are concerned, it is pretty hard not to find them with a simple search on the internet of several websites. Call a dealership and give them the number and description and they will tell you if it works. If they are helpful work with them even if it costs you a couple of bucks.

HOWEVER, I give no sympathy to the guys who take their time looking up parts and then order from someplace else. When that is done they have to make $$ where they can and then we all complain.

I've worked in service organizations all my life and believe me, there is a certain type of call that you know is just trying to get free info without any business forthcoming--don't let you call sound like one of those or you will get the cold shoulder. Establish a relationship with the good guys, or go out on your own and brave the storm. Whatever floats your boat.

Best to you and yours.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:54 PM
triman
Cruiser

You can do like I do. Deal with one parts person. Heck, he even gives me a bit of a discount cause I deal with him only. I'll call up to the stealership and if he is not in, I'll wait till tomorrow. But when I come in, he knows that I'll buy from him that day and he'll go that extra mile to help me out, heck, even tell me that I might get a better price for a different brand and not HD. Why? Cause he knows I will only work with him. Guess I have an exception to all the above. But have tried to deal with others at a different stealership and it's rough!!

Old 02-02-2008, 10:56 PM
RockStarr
Intermediate

i try to get most of my parts from zanottis, the price are great and the shipping is fast.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:31 PM
dynasty
Tourer

Yea, pro HD or con, the point is is they provide value and service they would not have to manipulate/force people to do business with them. i buy parts all the time from my local HD because the parts guy i deal with is knowledgeable, helpful and frankly he's a good guy i like to do business with.
The stealership you are obviously dealing with is full of a-holes who do not get it. Unfortaunately service and value are increasingly becoming a rarity in todays business environment. i'mn with you - screw 'em! plenty of online stores and other dealers that will be glad to do business with you.

good luck.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:38 PM
skr8pn
Intermediate

I worked at a auto after market retail store (Advance Auto Parts). Not only did we glady give out the part numbers, we offered to hold parts, call other stores and if it was an "emergency" type need situation, we'd even call the compitition to help the customer find it. Now granted for most people a car is treated different than a bike as far as the get to home/work/school priority list. For that matter we were even told all these crazy different ways of trying to bring the customer in if they called. I've also been on the other side of this conversation and essentially $hit on by the minimum wage employee behind the counter when i got there. Thankfully the handfull of times I've called my local stealer (Ray Price HD) they've been pretty cool and held the parts, gave the p/n and offered to call other dealers if they didn't have it. Also to toss in a note on AAP, service can stink from store to store, calling any parts dept for any reason is all dependant on getting a hold of the local gear head that just thrilled to be working that job.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:01 AM
hmmr
Banned

fact is many dealers are stuck doing business in traditional ways and forward thinking operations like zanottis are kicking their asses.

instead of evolving and embracing new ways of servicing customers, your dealer, mine and many others are pushing customers away with arrogantly dealign with the situation.

there's nothing stopping any of these dealers from putting their inventory online just like zanottis. it's too easy these days and they could have that $8/hour parts clerk filling and shipping orders instead of being an idiot on the phone and forcing people to go elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Once again, stay away from the dealerships...