Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebags question

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 04:48 PM
larazauk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddlebags question

Gonna be doing a bit of touring come the spring and reckon I'm gonna need some saddlebags on the bob.

What are you guys using and did you have to make any mods to accomodate them?

Old 01-29-2008, 04:59 PM
maddoggreene
Cruiser
Default RE: Saddlebags question

try leatherworksinc.com for bags--will probably need to move your rear turn signals--I did, but not a big deal. This company uses the EZ bracket (assuming you want detachable bags) they also have throwovers. Lots of info on the web--search motorcycle saddlebags. Good luck post pics when you're done!

Old 01-29-2008, 05:09 PM
craigcrewcheif
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I use bags from leather pros. Great service great bags. I have them mounted on the HD detachable sideplates. You can change the look of your bike in about 2 minutes. You also need to relocate the tail lights. www.leatherpros.com

Old 01-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Zevron
Cruiser

I went with the Leather Pro also. They come off quick. You can lock them on with a small padelock that comes with it. You can also lock the lid closed with the lock. The bags don't stick way out like with ghost brackets. And when they are removed the hardware left behind is not too bad to look at.

You do have to relocate the turn signal lights.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:52 AM
joe297
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was leaning towards hard bags but those look great. What do you think of the lock system - does it seem secure? Also, yours seem to mount lower than the Dyna bags at LeatherPro's site. Any heat issues from the pipes? Thanks for posting those photos! Do you think you could post some with the bags open?

ORIGINAL: Zevron
I went with the Leather Pro also. They come off quick. You can lock them on with a small padelock that comes with it. You can also lock the lid closed with the lock. The bags don't stick way out like with ghost brackets. And when they are removed the hardware left behind is not too bad to look at.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:18 AM
99octane
Road Warrior

I'm leaning towards Wild Hog (living in Italy they are the easiest to get, HD apart, and are very high quality).
Most sling on can be set to different heights.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:20 AM
walterwindbag
Cruiser

I went with the tried and trusted route. 50 squids on Ebay and some aerolastics

all the best

walt

[IMG]local://upfiles/16432/D90334290E3443DC9905A43A86AD5DA7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-31-2008, 03:01 AM
larazauk
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 99octane

I'm leaning towards Wild Hog (living in Italy they are the easiest to get, HD apart, and are very high quality).
Most sling on can be set to different heights.

Do you have a link for this company as I'm in UK and an Italian co might be easier to deal with.

Think I'm after the impossible as ideally I'd like a qd bag but don't really want to relocate the turn signals [sm=confused06.gif]

Old 01-31-2008, 06:40 AM
Mandog
Road Master

If you really need the room, I would go with a Tour Mastersissy barbag. All the saddle bags look bigger on the outside but if you take in the cut out for the shock, your really not left with much. I have the Harley hard leather bags on my wifes sporster and when we do real touring I throw the tour master bag on the back. Easy on, easy off right into your hotel or whatever. Your gonna need a detachable sissy bar with a luggage rack.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Ibuck70
Advanced

I got the Willie and Max for Christmas for my Bob. Went with the throwovers and moved the turn signals with the layback license plate kit. Looks good now, but I don't know how they are going to perform because I can't get the bike out of the garage.

Quick Reply: Saddlebags question