Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 07:33 AM
FATBOB67
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might as well get this back to the top

Old 11-22-2008, 10:00 AM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to respectfully remove my name from the Fat Bob Squadron. Although the Bob is scheduled to arrive into the dealership next week, I had to adjust my purchase plans in light of a recent Harley announcement.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:59 AM
shovel logger
Intermediate

I got the fastest color, pearl black and there is nothing better than throughin a leg over this thing. But the monsoons have set in here in the great pacific northwest and rides are far and few between.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:09 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

I could not get slip-ons for my Fatbob, no one but Screaming Eagle makes them and we all know how they sound. So I decided on V and H BP pro 2 into 1 pipes. I hate to lose those stock pipes as they looked great. Has anyone of our squad here installed a set of these . How do you like them?
Thanks

Old 11-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Lorance66
Road Master

Originally Posted by skidder
I could not get slip-ons for my Fatbob, no one but Screaming Eagle makes them and we all know how they sound. So I decided on V and H BP pro 2 into 1 pipes. I hate to lose those stock pipes as they looked great. Has anyone of our squad here installed a set of these . How do you like them?
Thanks
I did not go the slip-on route but my local dealer was showing me some Rush slip-ons in the book the day I bought my bike. Just FYI.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:28 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorance66
I did not go the slip-on route but my local dealer was showing me some Rush slip-ons in the book the day I bought my bike. Just FYI.
Hmmm, Very interesting info. I wonder if my dealer swayed me to get the V and H ones buy BS ing me.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:30 PM
wood butcher
Tourer

Originally Posted by skidder
Thanks
I don't know why you can't get slip-ons for your Fat Bob. Rush makes stock look alike mufflers that sound great as does Khrome Werks. I personally got the Khrome Werks and love the sound. Also, I did not have to do the stage 1 or fuel management and my bike runs and sounds awesome. Deep and throaty and not extremely loud but loud enough. They turn heads everywhere I go. The Khrome Werks mufflers go for about $279 and are well worth the price. Fit, finish and sound are unbeatable. Your dealer is either uninformed (which I doubt) or he's bs-ing you. I'll bet he's an authorized V&H distributor. I too like the stock look and I don't like the look of the SE pipes with that stupid black end piece.

Last edited by wood butcher; 11-22-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Lorance66
Road Master

I can remember talking to a guy at an HD dealer a few months ago when I was first considering getting the bike and he did point out that slip-on's would be hard to get because of the mounting bracket where the stock exhaust attaches.....don't know why, but I remember him specifically saying it would be a factor. This is not where I actually bought my bike though, just another HD dealer nearby.

When I did buy the bike at my local dealer I mentioned that and he acted like that was news to him......dunno, I never pursued it but just interesting info.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:03 PM
moguy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TowJam
I have to respectfully remove my name from the Fat Bob Squadron. Although the Bob is scheduled to arrive into the dealership next week, I had to adjust my purchase plans in light of a recent Harley announcement.
????? what announcment ?????

Old 11-22-2008, 09:14 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

Originally Posted by moguy
????? what announcment ?????
prolly has something to do with this

'09 orange XR1200 (on order)

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!