Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Bat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

OK, I asked questions, I shared thoughts, etc.; but now it is official: I AM A FAT BOB OWNER (and first time HD man). Pictures will be slow in coming (lazy, because if I am correct I have to sign-up for third party provider), but here is what I have:

· 08 Fat Bob Vivid Black, w/forward controls
· 103 BB stage I
·SE 204 cam kit
· SE Pro super tuner
· V&H BS Staggereds
· Kury Electro magnetic cruise
· Boss Saddle Bags
· Risers (moderately slanted back, powder coated black)
· Skull covers (derby and timing) and pegs (mids for secondary foot position)
· HD quick detach backrest and luggage rack
· Waiting for newly manufactured brackets for windvest

Awesome machine, so far very nice sound (deep and throaty, but not obnoxious to me at least, I'll see what the wife and others think later). Haven't nailed it yet, but seems to be plenty quick and strong. Love the 6th gear (VTX 1300 needed one). Haven't received dyno chart, but supposedly 94 HP and 104 ft lbs for torque (excuse any ignorant attempts of describing technical information please). Only issue so far is that I do not know how to down-shift without raising my foot (i.e. off the peg), which was not necessary on my VTX 1300. I assume the shift lever can be adjusted, but we will see. Only got about 50miles, but wanted to check in and let everyone know where I ended up, thanks again for all the help/input.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:50 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

My dealer took a few attempts on delivery day on getting the shifter lowered for me. It was pretty simple to do though, would be easy for you to adjust the shift lever down to your liking.
Gilly

Old 06-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Bat
Cruiser

wench the same thing
ORIGINAL: roy2008

Hi all! I am new to fat bob, actually the first Harley, and own denim black. ILOVE the bike and am not sure if I can go back to my old one...HD is quite something. Anyway, I am trying to put slip on muffler and condiering Rush. Should I go with 1.75" or 2.00" baffle? I do not like super loud but like to have nice Harley sound. Stock is too quiet....Pls advise. Thanks!
Called Rush, they recommended 2" (right mix of sound and back-pressure). I believe they told scooter wench the same thing

Old 06-01-2008, 12:40 AM
zuma
Road Captain

Go Fat Bob! Love mine. If the FB takes a spill the turn signals easily dent the tank. nOt sure if an engine guard would stop that or not. The tank can be fixed and re shot correctly matching if you need to for about $600. About $1200 for replacement from Harley.

BTW the poll is not working! SQL Error...

Old 06-01-2008, 05:33 PM
dleeds
Cruiser

A little later than I wanted, but I've been busy this week, trying to get in as much riding as I can between the rain. Here are a few ideas for a Fat Bob Squadron shirt. I'll print them if we can decide on something everyone likes. If you want to see something else just let me know and I'll throw it together. All ideas welcome...I'll put a new thread up a little later (I'm on the way out for a few hours) and post a link here. For now, let me know what you think...
Attachment 557020

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:34 PM
mmurray49
Advanced

Front and center!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:18 PM
roy2008
Intermediate

Thanks Silent Warrior, the bump, fatbob422, and Bat for advice for baffle size of Rush. I would go with 2.0. Do you know where I can get the best price? Ebay?

By the way is there anybody successfully installed HD genuine rearLEFT side axle cover? Mine does not fit and seems like I need to grind inside of the cover by myself...

Old 06-04-2008, 02:43 PM
JabbaPK
Novice

Hi,

can someone tell me what happens, because it's impossible for me to vote on the poll at the beginning of this trade. I always receiving this error message:

ASP 500 Error
An error occurred processing the page you requested.
Please see the details below for more information.
[align=center]

Program File Name
/pollpro.asp

COM Error Number
-2146827864 (0x800A01A8)

Error File Name
/pollpro.asp

Line Number

Brief Description
Object required: 'mssql_escape(...)'

[/align] pxlSiteFile = "hdforums.com.js"; pxlScriptStart = '%3Cscr' + 'ipt type="text/javascript"'; pxlScriptEnd = '%3C/scr' + 'ipt%3E'; if (location.protocol.indexOf("https") == -1) { document.write(unescape(pxlScriptStart + ' src="http://pxl.ibpxl.com/'+pxlSiteFile+'"%3E'+pxlScriptEnd)); } else { document.write(unescape(pxlScriptStart + ' src="https://pxlssl.ibpxl.com/'+pxlSiteFile+'"%3E'+pxlScriptEnd)); }

var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));

var acct='UA-939292-2';var ggIntvl;function loadGoogleFunctions(){if (typeof(_gat) == 'undefined'){ return; }; var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker(acct); pageTracker._initData(); pageTracker._trackPageview(); clearInterval(ggIntvl); ggIntvl = null;};if (typeof(_gat) == 'undefined'){ggIntvl = window.setInterval("loadGoogleFunctions()", 200);}else { loadGoogleFunctions(); };

_qoptions = { tags:"Automotive" };var _qacct="p-f3Hr4xDGnlZIE";var qIntvl;function loadQFunctions(){if (typeof(quantserve) == 'undefined'){ return; };quantserve(); clearInterval(qIntvl);qIntvl = null;};if (typeof(quantserve) == 'undefined'){qIntvl = window.setInterval("loadQFunctions()", 200);}else { loadQFunctions(); };

Am I alone to have this problem or is it general..? I've tried for several days now....[:@]
If it's general, can someone prevent the webmaster please. Many Thanks.

Bikergreetz from Belgium.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:49 PM
JabbaPK
Novice

Very nice models dleeds ! My preference goes to #1
I'm looking forward to the final link for ordering the shirts...

Take care and drive safe.

André.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
zuma
Road Captain

Poles and other database acctions like the BOTM are not working according to the sysop. Back end SQL issues.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!