Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:28 AM
DirtyRev
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

A couple of things....

I feel for ya Jesscorp, I too, as soon as I bring something new home try to rebuild it from the ground up lol.

I made the decision with my new fatbob to;

#1 let it breath and make the noise it was supposed to.
#2 only buyadd on partsthat arereally needed (i.e. the new seat for the wife and back rest)
#3spending all the money Isaved not reinventing the wheel, to makeseveral long road trips through the upcoming summer. After all, isn't that what its all about anyway?

(wish me luck)

My second item was.. did anyone ever produce, order etc etc the fatbob shirts that were being prototyped a few pages back?

Old 05-07-2008, 04:39 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

The shirts are kind of in a legalistic limbo out of respect for this forum and the desire to not see its owners get sued. I do believe there are other venues being pursued for a more correct way to go about it.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:16 AM
dleeds
Cruiser

I'm a screen printer, and I've gone through this before with some other shirts for club members. You just can't use any Harley Davidson trademarked or copyrighted images or phrases. You can use original artwork, some of the shirt designs I saw here looked pretty good. To be safe you need to stay away from the use of the name "Harley Davidson", and according to some clients that had lawyers look into it, there is no problem using Model names in your design. I'll check into it a little more at work today and post back what I find out. If we can come up with a good and legal design, I can print the shirts and ship them from TN. I need a 24 total shirt order minimum to fire up our press, but I don't think that will be a problem. I can then ship seperately to you guys from TN- we use fed ex at our shop.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 AM
BBQ.Uncle
Tourer

Hey, count me in for a shirt! I just purchased my '08 Fat Bob (Crimson) yesterday and I pick it up in about a week after a few mods! Can't wait!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:39 AM
DirtyRev
3rd Gear

I would be in for two (long and short sleave model) if it works out.

Truthfully I would like an illegal shirt, so I can be more of an "outlaw biker" lol

Old 05-07-2008, 09:56 AM
thebump
Advanced

New Vivid Black 08 Bob picked up last Saturday. Sold my 03 V-Star 1100. I babied that thing so I thought I might as well baby something that will hold it's value better 10 years later! Plus, I love the ride and handling.

Sal
08 Fat Bob
Seattle
Mods to Come!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:16 AM
NEW2BAG
Cruiser

Working on mods for my Vivid Black FXDF. Will posts pics when it is all done. Should be a couple weeks max... I hope!!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:22 AM
mwswarrior
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm up for a shirt!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Buch
Cruiser

Am in for 5, since its far from sweden to USA. Hope it will be possible to send them. Paid of course

Old 05-07-2008, 11:45 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Then I guess we need a tank top for you?

ORIGINAL: DirtyRev

I would be in for two (long and short sleave model) if it works out.

Truthfully I would like an illegal shirt, so I can be more of an "outlaw biker" lol
That was the big issue with the shirts and that some had "HD" on them. I forgot who put the idea together (they took the thread down I believe, I haven't looked) and there were some very sharp designs for long and short sleeved shirts and possibly hoodies (I like hoodies). The basic idea was a outline of the Fat Bob with a white or black filled in body and words like "Fat Bobbin" or "Fat Bob" on the shirt itself. A tribal skull was on one and a few other designs, mainly chicks, on them somewhere...

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!