Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 10:06 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by imovelives
Nice softail lol

The following 2 users liked this post by HrdNox:
moose545 (09-03-2018), Tall Timber (11-10-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 06:19 AM
Rollcage
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisg
Very nice looking bike! What 2 in to 1 exhaust is that and how does it sound?
Vance and Hines High output short.
Posted a few things about it before, but in short I'm on my third set of different pipes in 2 years. It is by far my favorite.
Great performance, it's enough pipe to upgrade with me as I go, sits high enough I don't scrape it at all, and sounds awesome.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:43 AM
chrisg
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollcage
Vance and Hines High output short.
Posted a few things about it before, but in short I'm on my third set of different pipes in 2 years. It is by far my favorite.
Great performance, it's enough pipe to upgrade with me as I go, sits high enough I don't scrape it at all, and sounds awesome.
Okay cool. I will check out your other posts about it. I love the look of it. I am trying to figure out what I want to put on my 2016 FB. Was originally thinking the D and D fat cat. But I really like the look of yours.

Thanks for the info!

Old 11-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Rollcage
Cruiser

Okay cool. I will check out your other posts about it. I love the look of it. I am trying to figure out what I want to put on my 2016 FB. Was originally thinking the D and D fat cat. But I really like the look of yours.

Thanks for the info!
IMHO, the D&D is a little long, obviously people say it it one of the top performers on the dyno, but lets be honest, we all like looks too. Im not a fan of the upswept pipes for looks like the Basanni either.
I originally liked the Big Shots Staggered because of the look of a 2 into 2 with the "powerchamber" that gave somewhat of the performance of a 2-1. But I scraped it constantly in the turns and it drove me nuts.
A friend then bought this pipe and put it in his 2017 LR-S, once I got a look at it, saw how it rode kinda high for clearance, and started reading about how it performed, I was sold. Im doing cams and heads this winter, I like the pipe has plenty for me to "grow" also.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:13 AM
chrisg
Cruiser

IMHO, the D&D is a little long, obviously people say it it one of the top performers on the dyno, but lets be honest, we all like looks too. Im not a fan of the upswept pipes for looks like the Basanni either.
I originally liked the Big Shots Staggered because of the look of a 2 into 2 with the "powerchamber" that gave somewhat of the performance of a 2-1. But I scraped it constantly in the turns and it drove me nuts.
A friend then bought this pipe and put it in his 2017 LR-S, once I got a look at it, saw how it rode kinda high for clearance, and started reading about how it performed, I was sold. Im doing cams and heads this winter, I like the pipe has plenty for me to "grow" also.
Yes! That's my hang up with the Fat Cat too. Just looks a bit overwhelming on the bike. I do like the slash cut muffler though opposed to the straight cut on the VandH. But, I think I can live with that as I do prefer the overall look of the Vance and Hines. I had the big radius pipes and I loved the look, but they really seemed to suck the low end torque out of it. So I know I want a 2 into 1. Just want something that will have a nice deep tone, and something, as you said, I could grow into if I decide to do engine mods down the road.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Rollcage
Cruiser

Yes! That's my hang up with the Fat Cat too. Just looks a bit overwhelming on the bike. I do like the slash cut muffler though opposed to the straight cut on the VandH. But, I think I can live with that as I do prefer the overall look of the Vance and Hines. I had the big radius pipes and I loved the look, but they really seemed to suck the low end torque out of it. So I know I want a 2 into 1. Just want something that will have a nice deep tone, and something, as you said, I could grow into if I decide to do engine mods down the road.
I'm not sure what you have on now, but if you are wanting more low end torque look up the DK customs thunder torque inserts.
I had them in my V&H Big shots staggered, and ABSOLUTLY noticed a difference at the bottom.
They are cheap, (like $40) and easy to install.
There are YT videos on them.

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom - ST (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 08:25 AM
chrisg
Cruiser

I'm not sure what you have on now, but if you are wanting more low end torque look up the DK customs thunder torque inserts.
I had them in my V&H Big shots staggered, and ABSOLUTLY noticed a difference at the bottom.
They are cheap, (like $40) and easy to install.
There are YT videos on them.
My current bike just has the stock pipes with screaming eagle mufflers (junk).
I just saw those torque inserts today so I'll check them out.

DK Custom - ST (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 11:14 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

My current bike just has the stock pipes with screaming eagle mufflers (junk).
I just saw those torque inserts today so I'll check them out.
As you've already been told here, our Thunder Torque Inserts™ will definitely give you a gain in low and mid range torque.

They'll also deepen the tone a bit, giving it a throatier growl.

Best mod you can do to your exhaust when comparing results per dollar spent(29.95).

Here's a LINK to our TTIs.

You can find Dyno charts and lots of useful info there.

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Last edited by DK Custom - ST; 11-08-2017 at 11:19 AM.
chrisg (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 09:35 PM
tnichols
Advanced

Just got my brand new 2017 Dyna Fat Bob in Crushed Ice Denim.

2017 Dyna Fat Bob in Crushed Ice Denim.

2017 Dyna Fat Bob in Crushed Ice Denim.

Last edited by tnichols; 11-08-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Doc4545
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 33 Posts

Hadn't put a pic up in awhile, here ya go.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!