Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Mister Stothez
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Fxdf 2011

Checking in,
3 months with my dreamed Fat Bob, started modding it and I cant stop., I need to learn how to install the tri led Tail light as I tried twice with no luck...

Few Changes I've done: Day maker LED lights, Vance and Hines Short Shots and 90 Intake, Screaming eagle Spark plug cables...

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Jpatterson317
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally getting around to posting some pics of the winter mods,

Bassani RR3
FP3
Biltwell Murdock Risers 6" w/High Trackers 4 rise
New Cables clutch,throttle and idle
Drag specialties brake line 6+ (which I am swapping out again for Big Al's double banjo bolt set up) so if anyone needs a brake line I have an extra.
SE Ventilator air cleaner
Saddlemen Step up TR seat (custom color stitching)
HD Detachable Sissy Bar (only staying on when needed)

I plan on adding some new front turn signals soon, trying to decide on Thunderbikes micros or Big Al's KG3s...Leaning towards Big Al's I prefer American Made.
STOCK...

Old 04-04-2017, 03:09 PM
wtfpwnkthx
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is the original when I bought it and I have done a ton to it since.

Here is after. The bag on this side wore a strap off and i have since replaced it with the same bag.

I plan on ceramicoating the exhaust black and eventually powder coating my triple trees. Maybe wheels but I dont want to black it out too hard. Ginz hellbent hardcore sissy bar is on the horizon also.

For anyone who wants to check out all the stuff I added or did to this, I have a detailed post with part numbers and a bit of how-to from what I went through. I am by no means a professional but I am happy with how everything turned out.

Last edited by wtfpwnkthx; 04-04-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:18 AM
ChromeBlows
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Tires?

What are you replacing the stock harley tires with these days? Looking at a set of Michelin Commander II's any input?

130/90-16
180/70-16

Old 04-05-2017, 02:36 AM
SenorCollin
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

From what I remember people like those tires because they last long, except they have shoddy wet grip. Not positive though, maybe someone else can chime in. I have Pirelli night dragons that I am fond of and plan on ordering again when the time comes.

Old 04-05-2017, 03:18 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by wtfpwnkthx

Here is the original when I bought it and I have done a ton to it since.

Here is after. The bag on this side wore a strap off and i have since replaced it with the same bag.

I plan on ceramicoating the exhaust black and eventually powder coating my triple trees. Maybe wheels but I dont want to black it out too hard. Ginz hellbent hardcore sissy bar is on the horizon also.

For anyone who wants to check out all the stuff I added or did to this, I have a detailed post with part numbers and a bit of how-to from what I went through. I am by no means a professional but I am happy with how everything turned out.
Lookin good man!
Starting with a denim Fatty myself,how I handled "de chroming" was pretty much leave tins,case,battery and fuse box alone and went gloss on the little stuff. Things like the rocker boxes,bars,trim on batt and fuse box,trees,headlight bucket,brake/shift levers and console. This way the trim stays trim and paint stays paint.Then if you want to throw some bling in there get a polished stainless bolt kit for the case. Make sense?

Old 04-05-2017, 04:53 PM
wtfpwnkthx
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdNox
Lookin good man!
Starting with a denim Fatty myself,how I handled "de chroming" was pretty much leave tins,case,battery and fuse box alone and went gloss on the little stuff. Things like the rocker boxes,bars,trim on batt and fuse box,trees,headlight bucket,brake/shift levers and console. This way the trim stays trim and paint stays paint.Then if you want to throw some bling in there get a polished stainless bolt kit for the case. Make sense?
Yeah you mean gloss black on the little stuff right? I was looking to black out a lot of the trim here and there but looking for some chrome accents to keep it from being just another black bike. Part of that is driven by the fact that if I go after the rocker boxes and some of the harder pieces to do, I will go crazy and have it broken down for weeks, heh. I figure if I can use the contrast between the denim tins and the engine's rockers/fins and some other pieces I can get a balance. Something like 70% black/30% chrome is what I am trying for.

Eventually I am gonna get a second bike that I can really go crazy.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:17 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by wtfpwnkthx
Yeah you mean gloss black on the little stuff right? I was looking to black out a lot of the trim here and there but looking for some chrome accents to keep it from being just another black bike. Part of that is driven by the fact that if I go after the rocker boxes and some of the harder pieces to do, I will go crazy and have it broken down for weeks, heh. I figure if I can use the contrast between the denim tins and the engine's rockers/fins and some other pieces I can get a balance. Something like 70% black/30% chrome is what I am trying for.

Eventually I am gonna get a second bike that I can really go crazy.
Ok cool. This is just me thinking out loud but yea gloss black. If you keep going with the flat stuff your going to hate it. Your trackin but I'd stay with gloss. There's nothin wrong with a black bike. You just see a lot on here. The rocker boxes aren't hard at all to pop off and HD makes those flush gas caps. Joker makes some cool front turns also that are easy to wire up.The wheels I'd just leave em. Their kinda hopeless. I just got new ones. What made me post the first time is I too got my bars in flat black but as soon as held em up the "light" turned on in my head (which doesn't happen to often) and thought the gloss black would look cleaner. Just look at it like black chrome I guess.

Last edited by HrdNox; 04-05-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by SenorCollin
From what I remember people like those tires because they last long, except they have shoddy wet grip. Not positive though, maybe someone else can chime in. I have Pirelli night dragons that I am fond of and plan on ordering again when the time comes.
I ran commander II's on my old Street Bob and was super happy with them. Great in the dry, yes a little quick to break traction in the wet. Buts its wet - you ride accordingly.

Best I got was 38,000km from a rear. And I'm a heavy guy and that was riding in all conditions and all road types.

I'll be doing tyres next week i'm leaning towards Avons in 150 & 200 otherwise it would be Commander II's for sure. My Fat Bob isn't a daily like the old one was.

Pic for the thread.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Oz Gary
Cruiser
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

G'day Tall Timber, have also looked at the Avon 200/150 combo and would love to go for it. Tyre shops are not keen on it Due to the beading affect on the rim. Would be great to hear your review when you get them fitted. Gary

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!