Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 08:24 AM
HardCase
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
Congratulations! I was thisclose to buying a Fat Bob three years ago but didn't like riding with forward controls so I opted for a Super Glide Custom. The Fat Bob's front end and other traits really does make for a great ride. Although I am happy overall with my choice, knowing what I know now I should have bought the FB and switched to mid-controls. You will love your new ride.
Good Luck!!
Thank you, I'm excited about it!

Given my dual sport/dirt heritage, I am generally more comfortable with mid controls. I'm fairly tall (6'2") and these bikes are a lot lower to the ground than I'm used to riding, so the forward controls of the Wide Glide worked fine for me, I suspect that mid-controls would have required me to practically squat on the bike. I'll ride this new one for a while and see what gives. I do like the option of being able to take some weight off of my *** periodically by standing up.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:30 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,748 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by HardCase
Thank you, I'm excited about it!

Given my dual sport/dirt heritage, I am generally more comfortable with mid controls. I'm fairly tall (6'2") and these bikes are a lot lower to the ground than I'm used to riding, so the forward controls of the Wide Glide worked fine for me, I suspect that mid-controls would have required me to practically squat on the bike. I'll ride this new one for a while and see what gives. I do like the option of being able to take some weight off of my *** periodically by standing up.
I believe the hard points for the mid-controls are on the Fat Bob frame so you can install foot rests alone for alternating your riding position.
Owners can correct me if wrong...

Old 03-17-2016, 08:32 PM
HardCase
Novice

Attachment 464212

Attachment 464213

Okay, I'm not sure how the attachment thing works on this forum, but we'll give it a try. Assuming they show up, there are two pics of my new (to me) '15 Fat Bob. Picked it up and rode it home today, despite the fresh snow! Yeah, snow.

Anyway, the bike rode great although the sound is very quiet, nothing like the roar of my long-ago sold '02 Wide Glide. I am going to need to find some different pipes. Any recommendations?

The bike rode great, comfortable, smooth, soaked up the road like a champ, cornered well, had decent zip, was very sure-footed. I'm not sure what I think of the floor boards, I originally thought I'd replace them with more conventional pegs, but liked them and may leave them on for a while and see how it goes.

I'll get some better pics in the near future, when the sun is shining and with a nicer backdrop.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:39 AM
BIG MARV
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like a 2 into 1 pipe,and run a Vance & Hines big radius . If I replaced it , would probably go with a D&D fatcat. But if more sound is all your looking for pull the baffles and use some torque cones or maybe a set of cheap slip ones from Cycleshack .you will like the floorboards for long rides but if you ride hard in the corners they
might drag a lot . Keep in mine if you go with a different pipe not all are compatable with center pegs if you want to go that route later.

Last edited by BIG MARV; 03-18-2016 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 03-18-2016, 07:42 AM
BIG MARV
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HardCase
Attachment 464212

Attachment 464213

Okay, I'm not sure how the attachment thing works on this forum, but we'll give it a try. Assuming they show up, there are two pics of my new (to me) '15 Fat Bob. Picked it up and rode it home today, despite the fresh snow! Yeah, snow.

Anyway, the bike rode great although the sound is very quiet, nothing like the roar of my long-ago sold '02 Wide Glide. I am going to need to find some different pipes. Any recommendations?

The bike rode great, comfortable, smooth, soaked up the road like a champ, cornered well, had decent zip, was very sure-footed. I'm not sure what I think of the floor boards, I originally thought I'd replace them with more conventional pegs, but liked them and may leave them on for a while and see how it goes.

I'll get some better pics in the near future, when the sun is shining and with a nicer backdrop.

I like a 2 into 1 pipe,and run a Vance & Hines big radius . If I replaced it , would probably go with a D&D fatcat. But if more sound is all your looking for pull the baffles and use some torque cones or maybe a set of cheap slip ones from Cycleshack .you will like the floorboards for long rides but if you ride hard in the corners they
might drag a lot . Keep in mine if you go with a different pipe not all are compatable with center pegs if you want to go that route later.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:36 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,479 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Here's my Fatty as she sits right now. I did some mods over the winter - cams, heads, valve train plus some more edge cut bits on the foot controls and an alligator seat and tank bib.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:16 PM
HardCase
Novice

Here's a better pic of the vivid black FXDF. In looking at some images of '15 Fat Bobs, the pipes don't look standard. The ones I've seen in images have a 2 into 1 into 2 set up with an angled slash at the end. These are something else, and very quiet.

That said, the bike rides great. I like the floor boards, think I'll leave them for now. But those cans...... I dunno....

Old 03-20-2016, 03:34 AM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Haven't been on the forum for a couple years but I'm glad to see the Fat Bob squadron is still rolling strong. I've done a few things to my bike over the years but I cant remember if I posted them or not. But just in case, here's the list.
2012 FXDF. 2010 WG rear fender with Edge tail light. Southern Motorcycle Works 18" wheels, pulley, and 3 brake disks. Avon Cobra tires. 200/55 18R rear. 130/70 18R front. Avon Tribal grips pegs, and shifter. Arlen Ness mirrors. SE Stage 1 103 with V&H Big Shots and Heavy Breather. HD Brawler solo seat. Joker Machine LED rear signals. Progressive 444 11.5" shocks. Figure machine lighted side plate mount. 2" riser extensions. Bad&G battery box bag. Jack Daniels " Old #7" primary cover, and some other **** I'm sure I'm forgetting. Love seeing all the badass FXDFs. Keep the pics coming!!

Old 03-22-2016, 10:43 PM
Caseyrey
Novice

Just picked up a 2016, before this I had an 01 wide glide.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:48 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
S&S Teardrop really is a pretty easy ac to work with:

I was doing the same thing on my fat bob, but then switched it out for a T and ran the tube to vent to the ground.

Every few days/weeks over time I would get too much oil build up and it would eventually start to drip out through the filter.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!