Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 12:34 AM
lowend73
Tourer

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Got my bike at the end of May, already got 2200 miles or so!. Went on a five hour ride today, and I am ready to go back out again lol.

Anyways the mods I have; SE slip on's, Stage 1, HD saddlebags, sissy bar, and the Tallboy seat(love it). The only thing I want to do now(for the time being) is the fairing that dougz offers http://www.dougz.com/candids.php?sgid=163. Free plug, he is a great guy and responds to e mails also...

I have a huge sh*&t-eating grin every time I ride!

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:18 AM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Checking in! Picked up a '13 in Candy Orange two weekends ago. Gotta say I'm loving the ride! I came from a background in sportsbikes, and honestly, I wish I hadn't. I wish I would've bought a Harley a long time ago! I've always liked the sound and the looks, but what can I say. I was young and dumb(turned 29 in April. LOL). All stock for now. Trying to wait to make the first payment until I start doing anything to it. I don't know how much longer that's going to last though! If it would quit raining and storming so much I'd have a lot more miles, but as of Sunday evening when I parked it before I went to work I'm at 952 miles so far!

Old 07-04-2013, 06:56 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by OneGearhead
Checking in! Picked up a '13 in Candy Orange two weekends ago. Gotta say I'm loving the ride! I came from a background in sportsbikes, and honestly, I wish I hadn't. I wish I would've bought a Harley a long time ago! I've always liked the sound and the looks, but what can I say. I was young and dumb(turned 29 in April. LOL). All stock for now. Trying to wait to make the first payment until I start doing anything to it. I don't know how much longer that's going to last though! If it would quit raining and storming so much I'd have a lot more miles, but as of Sunday evening when I parked it before I went to work I'm at 952 miles so far!
I like that paint. I had to look up where you are. .not far from me. I'm in Alexandria and we head down to Charlottesville a few times a year. Great area.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 AM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mattVA
I like that paint. I had to look up where you are. .not far from me. I'm in Alexandria and we head down to Charlottesville a few times a year. Great area.
Thank you! Not far at all. Couple hours at most depending on traffic! It is a nice area. A lot of good riding around here with all the mountains and nice curvy back roads that you can ride at a nice comfortable pace. Or if you prefer, to pick it up a bit. Next time you're in the area, let me know!

Old 07-04-2013, 10:59 PM
groyalc
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checking in!

2013 Bob

Old 07-05-2013, 06:46 AM
greybeard6005
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by groyalc
2013 Bob
Nice pic. Is that the 1/4 fairing from Dougz?

Old 07-05-2013, 06:50 AM
greybeard6005
Tourer

Originally Posted by OneGearhead
Thank you! Not far at all. Couple hours at most depending on traffic! It is a nice area. A lot of good riding around here with all the mountains and nice curvy back roads that you can ride at a nice comfortable pace. Or if you prefer, to pick it up a bit. Next time you're in the area, let me know!
Ditto on what Matt said. I'm up in the Springfield Burke area and head down that way a few times a year (just went through there for the VA State rally). Great roads - we'll have to hook up for a road trip sometime.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:54 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by greybeard6005
Ditto on what Matt said. I'm up in the Springfield Burke area and head down that way a few times a year (just went through there for the VA State rally). Great roads - we'll have to hook up for a road trip sometime.
How was the rally? Are you with one of the HOG chapters? I joined Patriot but haven't gone on any rides because I've been busy and. .I'd feel out of place being in my 20's.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 AM
greybeard6005
Tourer

Originally Posted by mattVA
How was the rally? Are you with one of the HOG chapters? I joined Patriot but haven't gone on any rides because I've been busy and. .I'd feel out of place being in my 20's.
I thought the rally was fun - all tolled, my wife and I put around 700 miles on the bike in 3 days - no record or anything but a good few days of riding. The Blue Ridge Pkwy is awesome! But I understand how you feel about the age differences - at the rally, I would guess the average age was around 60 (based in my own observations). I'm in my 50s and felt like the young kid in the block. We met folks that were local and some that had come from Wisconsin, Colorado, and even Quebec. That being said though, these aren't your average middle-aged folk, at least where Harley and riding are concerned - they have thousands of miles of experience under their belts and are willing to share. And they're a friendly bunch as well.

I belong to FHOG (Patriot) as well. I go on rides when I can (life gets in the way of a lot of them though as you mentioned) and always feel welcome. I like the idea that they plan the ride, including fuel/food stops, and I can pick the ones that I find interesting. I like going out on my own too, which is how I put on most of my miles, but I think of it as a good option for points of interest as well as meeting new folks.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:49 PM
3illy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wifeling got me yesterday on my new FXDF. 12 miles.

Name:  p4Nm5xf.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  656.8 KB

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!