Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 12:48 PM
b3dd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG MARV
Looks really good. I especially like the blow up doll in the background.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:52 PM
perrypogue
Intermediate

I got my Candy Red Fat Bob in Oct. Love it! Just chromed it out.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey B3DD,

****in awesome lookin bike and incredible numbers. I see you have the mid pegs installed. I'm thinkin about doing this as well to help my lower back on longer rides. Is that the reason you put them on as well? Do they help? And how much did they cost with all the mounting parts?

Thanks man.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM
b3dd
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Red Dragons
Hey B3DD,

****in awesome lookin bike and incredible numbers. I see you have the mid pegs installed. I'm thinkin about doing this as well to help my lower back on longer rides. Is that the reason you put them on as well? Do they help? And how much did they cost with all the mounting parts?

Thanks man.
Thanks. I added the mids so I could change positions on the long rides for lower back and to keep my legs from cramping. As far as I can tell they should help, but the weather here in CO hasn't permitted me to fully test it on a long ride. The brackets and hardware (minus the actual pegs) cost around $100 from the dealer, but you should be able to find a used set for cheaper. If you go this route and have an aftermarket exhaust you may have to fabricate or find a spacer for the right side bracket, as the heat shields on the exhaust may be larger, and without a spacer the peg would contact the exhaust in the folded position.

Edit: added pics to illustrate. I plan on fabricating a solid block spacer and painting it wrinkle black to blend it in better... not that anyone is ever going to notice it anyway. This clearance issue is why I didn't go with 3" mini footboards at the mid position; even with the spacer they touched the exhaust when folded.

Attachment 557237

Attachment 557238

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by b3dd
Thanks. I added the mids so I could change positions on the long rides for lower back and to keep my legs from cramping. As far as I can tell they should help, but the weather here in CO hasn't permitted me to fully test it on a long ride. The brackets and hardware (minus the actual pegs) cost around $100 from the dealer, but you should be able to find a used set for cheaper. If you go this route and have an aftermarket exhaust you may have to fabricate or find a spacer for the right side bracket, as the heat shields on the exhaust may be larger, and without a spacer the peg would contact the exhaust in the folded position.

Edit: added pics to illustrate. I plan on fabricating a solid block spacer and painting it wrinkle black to blend it in better... not that anyone is ever going to notice it anyway. This clearance issue is why I didn't go with 3" mini footboards at the mid position; even with the spacer they touched the exhaust when folded.
Sweet thanks for the info and pics. I'm not sure what I'll have to do to clear my supertrapp but probably something similar. I really think just being able to change leg positions part of the time on a long ride will make a big difference. My lower back kinda sucks and the long reach on this bike is the one downside. Already raised the bars an inch and thinking about getting a lower seat as well.

Thanks again.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:19 PM
greybeard6005
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b3dd
Thanks. I added the mids so I could change positions on the long rides for lower back
Did the same and love the position (and so does my back!) Hope you get some good weather soon!

Old 03-07-2013, 07:13 PM
ohiokayaker
Novice

Black w/ghost flames.

Fat Bob's Rule!!!

Old 03-07-2013, 08:40 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Posted in another thread but just thought I'd share, here's mine:

Old 03-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by izzyryder
Posted in another thread but just thought I'd share, here's mine:

Great looking FatBob Izzy. Got any more pics anywhere I can look at? Bored at work today...haha.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 AM
b3dd
Cruiser

Looks good Izzy, deffinately would like to see more pictures.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!