Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 12:40 PM
storm8732
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Look under the Dyna section.....its there

Old 03-21-2008, 12:44 PM
CustomBikeMike
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! A whole thread dedicated to the FXDF! I am really happy with the way this bike handles, the last Dyna I had ridden was a mid-90's Low Rider. I personally don't care for the tractor tires so I have replaced those with ME880's and raised the forks in the tree's 1.25 inches. Starting to look the way I want it. I know it is heresy but I am also removing the Johnny Five light and putting on a 5 3/4 inch unit from a FXST.

Hmmm...what else. Oh, I also put on a Rinehart 2:1 with the SERT. Runs a lot better. I am coming off of an R model Vrod so the power is not that great, but I will get it there.

Nice to see everyone elses bikes here!

Old 03-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: CustomBikeMike

Wow! A whole thread dedicated to the FXDF! I am really happy with the way this bike handles, the last Dyna I had ridden was a mid-90's Low Rider. I personally don't care for the tractor tires so I have replaced those with ME880's and raised the forks in the tree's 1.25 inches. Starting to look the way I want it. I know it is heresy but I am also removing the Johnny Five light and putting on a 5 3/4 inch unit from a FXST.

Hmmm...what else. Oh, I also put on a Rinehart 2:1 with the SERT. Runs a lot better. I am coming off of an R model Vrod so the power is not that great, but I will get it there.

Nice to see everyone elses bikes here!

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 03-21-2008, 02:10 PM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Jetson's Noise?

Anyone else have a noise coming from the engine that sounds like a Jetson's car? I like it but I want to make sure its not something that's a problem.

Hit 500 miles the other day and I'm looking at a run to Panama City in the coming weeks, I'll miss the big rally, just to stretch the legs on this thing. Lovin' every minute of it. Thanks to all from here who joined the Myspace group... for you newbies, check it out and add to it. Just go to myspace.com, click on groups, then search for "fat bob squadron"

Stupid edit, tried fixing it the other day but no working. Now fixed

Old 03-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

ROFL! Trying to remember the sound that the Jetson's car made!!!! Kind of a high whistling noise? Never heard that from my bike!

Old 03-21-2008, 03:55 PM
TrooperHarley
Novice

Hello from New Zealand,
My FXDF (Candy Red Sunglo) arrived a week or so ago, but I can't have it yet because the forward controls need to be changed to mid controls (please don't deluge me with posts about why I should go with the forward controls!!) and the dealer has had to send for new casings from the U.S.! Most frustrating as winter looms (we are the opposite of you Northern Hermisphere dwellers)!
Happy Easter to you all.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:44 PM
PhilJS
Novice

ORIGINAL: royston

Hi Phil,
Picked up my FB , same colour as yours from TV at slough a couple of weeks ago.....did you locate yours at DG20?
Anyhow as I live up in Surrey and get down to the coast from time to time perhaps I mght see you out sometime.
All the best
Roy
Hi Roy, like your choice of colour. Tell you what, it looks the biz in the sun.
I've had mine since November, not done as many miles as I would have liked,have only just broke through the 500 mile mark in between the wind and rain etc..... Yes, got the bike from DG20, only live 3 miles away so nice and local.

I'll keep a look out for another Candy Red FB, as far as I know there is only 1 more in the area, all the rest are BLACK.

Out of interest have you changed your exhausts???

Phil

Old 03-21-2008, 05:16 PM
newbob
Novice

I just put my Rush slash downs on my fatty,and if you did not mention it I would not have noticed it because they looked so good on it.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

Found a soundbite for the Jetsons car:

http://www.coolbiz.com/wav/jetson2.wav

Gilly

Old 03-21-2008, 06:44 PM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a dyna. I believe it's right below the lowrider on the list under dynas. There's several pictures of them up including the post right before yours.

I picked mine up today. I got a bit annoyed at how long it took on such a beautiful day. I was also annoyed to find my insurance doesn't have a five grace period on a new purchase. With it being good friday an agent had to come in to their office to get me the insurance so I could ride it home. I'll be sure to send a gift basket, or whatever, as a thank you. It ended up being three before I got of the lot, but it was enough to have a little fun. I expected it to be a step up from a 94 sportster, just didn't expect such an improvement.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!