Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Welcome to all the new Fat Bob Squadron members!!!!!!!!

Just ordered my new solo seat today (Lepera Barebones solo). Have to take her in for 5,000 mile service soon. May get some mods done while it's in there. I need to get a job so I can afford everything I want to do!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:29 PM
kylec
Stage I

First post! I'm new.

I had my 2008 Fat Bob (denim black) delivered about a week ago. I live in Milwaukee and haven't had the opportunity to ride yet. The roads are still covered with salt and sand. Also, another 1-3" of snow expected on Friday. I'm praying for warm weather!!!!!!!! It's very hard looking at the bike just sitting in the garage. I'm anxious!

Old 03-19-2008, 10:58 PM
mlarsen77
Novice

Put the pipes on yesterday- Rush slash down 1.75" baffles. Already had the Ness Big Sucker A/C on for a few hundred miles already. Put about 50 miles on yesterday and it ran great. No new ECM or reprogramming done or required. Im pleased.....
My only complaint is the bottom pipe extends further than the top.......not like stock where the taper meets the bottom where the top left off creating a straight line......it isnt adjustable either. But.....I suppose I am the only one who is looking or will even notice. I cant complain getting pipes and A/C kit for only 350.00 (shipping included)from Fuel Moto.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: kylec

First post! I'm new.

I had my 2008 Fat Bob (denim black) delivered about a week ago. I live in Milwaukee and haven't had the opportunity to ride yet. The roads are still covered with salt and sand. Also, another 1-3" of snow expected on Friday. I'm praying for warm weather!!!!!!!! It's very hard looking at the bike just sitting in the garage. I'm anxious!

Welcome Kyle!

I wouldn't be able to stand it either. Like I told someone earlier, I would be driving in circles in my garage! LOL

Welcome to the group and hope the weather breaks soon for you!!!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:08 PM
bax467
Cruiser

Expecting Black Pearl Fat Bob by mid May. Saying bye bye to '04 Yamaha Warrior....

Old 03-20-2008, 10:10 PM
bax467
Cruiser

Bye the way, this forum rocks! You folks are super sources of info. I'm more excited now that I found this forum than when I ordered the bike two weeks ago.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Jakes Biker Mom
5th Gear

Welcome bax! Congrats on the new bike!

Old 03-21-2008, 03:04 AM
Ohsodit
Stage I

Okay ordered it yesterday and the dealer said 4 weeks max (and these blokes never lie... right?). I've ordered fair bit of ***** G skull stuff to go with so i suppose my first few hours spent with the new women in my life will be on my knee's (nothing new there!). So i have 4 weeks left on my nightster, i only owned it for 6 weeks anyway so its not like i'll really miss it.

A guy who bought his Fat bob from the same dealer i use has removed his baffles from the stock exhaust, it sounds great and the folks in harley say that theres no need to re-map or getfuel pack so i'll be trying that before i spend money on new pipes. I might even drill out the stock baffles and then stick em back in until i get the sound i'm looking for.

Nice to see a few U.K owners here, maybe we can meet up some stage or another.

I'll post as soon as i get my bike (4 weeks..... they PROMISED!!!)

Take care all!

Old 03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

I sure know what it's like to play the waiting game. I first saw the Fat Bob last May when they first announced the new 08's. I was a first drawn to the Rocker as I was sort of looking for that kind of style. I started talking to my first (ex) husband about what kind of bike I should get and he suggested that I look at the Fat Bob closer. The more I looked, the more I liked. Once I made up my mind then I had to wait for Harley to start delivering to the dealerships. I literally stalked various dealers in the area for MONTHS! Everyone had my number and I made sure they didn't forget that they were to call me when the first Fat Bob came in. I waited the whole summer when I could have easily gone out and bought an 07. I have to say it was worth the wait. September 27th I got the call that my local dealer had gotten one in. I was down there within the hour. Got her home, jumped on, took a spin around the neighborhood to get a feel for her, and I haven't looked back! Congrats on your pending arrival and know that you are going to love it!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2008, 12:11 PM
funbikerchick
Tourer

Please allow me to show my ignorance. What is a fat bob? I went to the HD site and found fat boy and street bob, but I don't see fat bob...

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!