Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

I done some reseach and it is a modified fairing from a 2001 Buell X1. It seems that the owner cut out the area for the twin lights. There is a guy in Holland that I'm trying to contact to make them. He makes custom chin fairings for Dynas already so he might want to consider doing a headlight fairing and offering both as a kit. The Fat Bob and street fighter look is really popular over there. I would say the fat bob is bigger in the Euro market than it is here!
May be worth doing for him from a profit stand point. I would think the biggest problem would be making a mounting system to affix the fairing to the bike.

Maybe brother "FXD2003Rider" may be able to help on this one. So far my net work server won't allow me to access his e-mail. I will try again tomarrow.

Last edited by Chicago Ken; 12-25-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:51 PM
bigbirt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I thought I was ready for a touring bike and earlier this year I bought a 2011 Road Glide Custom. After trying to make the FLTRX everything it wasn't, I sold it and bought the 2012 Fat Bob...this bike is so much more 'ME'.

I immediately added the LED taillight to clean up that rear end, and some saddle bags to make this functional as my work commuter. I plan to add the Bassani Road Rage II exhaust and heavy breather at the 1000 mile service. I'm sure there will be many more changes to make this even more 'ME'...

I can't wait to read through the rest of this thread to see what others have been doing.

Until then...thanks to everyone for writing and sharing.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:15 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago Ken
I done some reseach and it is a modified fairing from a 2001 Buell X1. It seems that the owner cut out the area for the twin lights. There is a guy in Holland that I'm trying to contact to make them. He makes custom chin fairings for Dynas already so he might want to consider doing a headlight fairing and offering both as a kit. The Fat Bob and street fighter look is really popular over there. I would say the fat bob is bigger in the Euro market than it is here!
May be worth doing for him from a profit stand point. I would think the biggest problem would be making a mounting system to affix the fairing to the bike.

Maybe brother "FXD2003Rider" may be able to help on this one. So far my net work server won't allow me to access his e-mail. I will try again tomarrow.
Ken,

Found your post and did some research using Google.

According to the owner (from Nantes) who posted on a French Harley Forum, his bike (cut to fit Buell fairing included) was customized by:

JP Graphic'
La Croix Gicquiaud
44220 COUERON (France)
Tel : 0033 2 51 80 07 24 - Fax : 0033 2 40 43 02 72 - Gsm : 0033 6 09 31 36 88
Email : jpgraphic@free.fr

Old 12-26-2011, 07:22 AM
greybeard6005
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirty_gil
I noticed a trend of owners ditching the FXDF for a bagger. They'll post a bike resume in their sig line which tells of them selling off this bike. Is this a ride comfort thing or a jumping on the bagger-bandwagon thing? What gives?

I'm a new owner myself. Just bought a '12 FXDF in Big Blue Pearl through AAFES while I'm here in Afghanistan. Its already paid off, delivered and waiting for me at the dealership... I just have to get home now!
As SteveO said, Thank you for your Service! As a now retired AF guy, I too bought my '10 Fat Bob through AAFEES before I hung up the uniform. Not sure why some folks sell them - maybe they were trying to make the bike into a bagger then realized they should have just bought a bagger in the first place. It is what it is - a bobber. And a damn good load of fun at that!

As for the paint job - $$$ may be part of it, but for me, I love the factory paint. At some point, after it gets some wear, I'll probably do something different, but I'm happy with it for now.

Last edited by greybeard6005; 12-26-2011 at 07:28 AM. Reason: add'l comment on paint
Old 12-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Vins
Club Member

Originally Posted by dirty_gil
Spent the last two days going through this thread, checking out mods and customizations. Nice work!

Couple of questions though: I didn't see too many custom paint jobs. Aside from the cost, is there a reason for this? People just like their bikes black and that's about it, huh?

Also, I noticed a trend of owners ditching the FXDF for a bagger. They'll post a bike resume in their sig line which tells of them selling off this bike. Is this a ride comfort thing or a jumping on the bagger-bandwagon thing? What gives?

I'm a new owner myself. Just bought a '12 FXDF in Big Blue Pearl through AAFES while I'm here in Afghanistan. Its already paid off, delivered and waiting for me at the dealership... I just have to get home now!
Thoughts and prayers to you. Stay safe!

Old 12-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

Thanks for the fairing information FXD2300rider, IMO the Fat Bob has the look to pull off that style. I'm going to try to e-mail Jp Graphics and see if I can score one for myself.

Last edited by Chicago Ken; 12-26-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Ramblin01
1st Gear

12 Fat Bob here: 103 stock a/c and exhaust.

Q: Anyone running big city thunder baffles w stock pipes(completely gutted)?

I have questions.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:10 AM
russrudder
Intermediate
Default 2010 CVO Screaming Eagle Fat Bob

I bought a 2010 FXDFSE2 criptic black with hell fire flames back in feburary 2011. I must say it is totally awesome with the 110" screaming eagle engine. The only thing I don't like is the sound of the stock exhaust. I'm in the process of getting pipes but can't decide what to get I'm in-between V&H big radius 2 in 2 or V&H pro pipe Hi-output. Any sugestions would be appreciated.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:09 PM
dirty_gil
1st Gear

I appreciate the kind words, gentlemen. My comment was more geared toward the bagger trend. I've noticed it among my friends anyway, trading in sweet choppers for a land-yacht. I don't get it, but that's just me.

I'm also interested to hear others inputs about pipes and intakes. They are at the top of a long list of mods for my new bike. I see the V&H 2-1 on alot of bikes, so I take it that's kind of the benchmark for sound and performance...

Old 12-27-2011, 04:02 PM
keikanca
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A few changes to my Bob!

Completed a few mods to my 2011 Fat Bob - HD mini floorboard foor pegs, C&C LoPro Solo Seat, HD Rear Fender Rack & Cat Billett Dragon Derby Cover. It's awesome seeing all the mods people on here are doing with their rides! Took mine to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee and the Smokey Mountains a few weeks ago, and wow, this bike really handles the twisties!

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!