Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Idahoboi
Tourer
Veteran: Air Force
Received 466 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Wow!

Originally Posted by Big R
Just finished my Winter remodel project. Removed the tins and had them painted (original color was vivid black), added the brown leather, and did a few other minor modifications. I also have the detachable sissybar w/luggage rack (and brown leather backrest pad), and detachable windshield.

The color came out a little lighter than I expected, but it's sort of grown on me... Kind of a retro pastel green...
Nice Job! Your bike looks great.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:06 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a sundowner for a wide glide. Got it for a scream from a forum member here. Thanks for the compliments. I love this bike. Simple, yet bad ***.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:13 PM
bord3r
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

black pearl, 09, chroming her out. stg 1 best thing on the bike is the linby linbar

Old 03-24-2010, 04:31 PM
painter55
2nd Gear

Got my fat bob last week

Old 03-25-2010, 02:46 AM
flenders
Novice

Does anyone here have the Wide Glide headlight on their fatbob? Thinking of replacing the twin lights with a single one.

I'm pretty annoyed with the fact that in australia, the twin lights don't light up at the same time... one is normal beam only and the other one high beam only.

Maybe all I need is to buy the US replacement, but not sure the wiring will work out of the box.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:34 AM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by flenders
Does anyone here have the Wide Glide headlight on their fatbob? Thinking of replacing the twin lights with a single one.

I'm pretty annoyed with the fact that in australia, the twin lights don't light up at the same time... one is normal beam only and the other one high beam only.

Maybe all I need is to buy the US replacement, but not sure the wiring will work out of the box.
I think you're right about the wiring. Have you thought about a Fat Boy head light?

Old 03-26-2010, 02:25 AM
flenders
Novice

Originally Posted by 08fxdf43202
I think you're right about the wiring. Have you thought about a Fat Boy head light?
Yeah, I thought about it, but thought it was too big... as the handlebars on the fatboy are wider, I don't think it would look as good on the fatbob... unless you have some photos you want to share? I might be wrong...

Old 03-26-2010, 03:19 AM
orang
4th Gear
Smile

Originally Posted by flenders

Flenders,
I brought a unit in the states for my Fat Bob. Here in the Netherlands is also one light burning, and the other is the high beam.
You don't have to change the wiring. The plug in the wiring is plug and play. The plug is into the frame behind the rubber **** on the right site of the tank.
Gr. Jeff
http://www.fat-bob.webs.com

Old 03-26-2010, 03:23 AM
Fat-Bob-Brad
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Me

Mine is Denim Black 09 plate and i love it

Maltese cross mirrors in chrome
Arlen Ness Batasitini pegs front and rear with toe shifter
Maltese cross gas cap
And a cool twisted steel sissy bar with Maltese cross in the making

Brad

Old 03-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Turns2Final
2nd Gear
Default Hey all

Hey everyone. I've got a vivid black 09. I got her last year and am hoping to start some mod stuff this year. One question... When painting the battery band black, is there any paint that I could use to get a semi-gloss finish? flat black looks good but I was hoping to do something a little different. Also on that mod do you have to use high temp paint? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!