Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:29 AM
sconie
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checking in from Glasgow

Hey all, Bought myself a 2008 Fat Bob in Sunglo red, only 1000 miles on her, looks very clean and standard, she get's delivered next Monday and then I'll start my mod's.

I'll be starting with the cheap and easy mod's first, striping off the reflectors and adding black reflective tape, and then removing the blade part of the tank emblem (can this be done without removing the main part of the emblem ?) I may even change the tank emblem completly, I like the look of the red arrowhead one that other Fat Bob owners have fitted.

But I don't know if it would look right on the Red Sunglo paint, I also like the longer Night Train emblem, so that might be an option.

Next up will be a solo seat and fender bib, and then I'll look at the engine and pipes, any Red Sunglo Fat Bob owners out there with photos of their mod's ?

Cheers.

Last edited by sconie; 12-01-2009 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:21 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sconie
Hey all, Bought myself a 2008 Fat Bob in Sunglo red, only 1000 miles on her, looks very clean and standard, she get's delivered next Monday and then I'll start my mod's.

I'll be starting with the cheap and easy mod's first, striping off the reflectors and adding black reflective tape, and then removing the blade part of the tank emblem (can this be done without removing the main part of the emblem ?) I may even change the tank emblem completly, I like the look of the red arrowhead one that other Fat Bob owners have fitted.

But I don't know if it would look right on the Red Sunglo paint, I also like the longer Night Train emblem, so that might be an option.

Next up will be a solo seat and fender bib, and then I'll look at the engine and pipes, any Red Sunglo Fat Bob owners out there with photos of their mod's ?

Cheers.
I think you're right about the tank emblem, this one might work:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GAS-T...Q5fAccessories
As far as cheap mods go... paint the battery cover band wrinkle black.
What is... 'black' reflective tape, a fender 'bib' and..... why?
Here's a pic of some mods... it isn't red, but you can see the battery cover. Also notice the upper belt guard & electrical cover,
I traded with a Street Bob friend... 0 dollars.

Attachment 557024

Attachment 557025

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:45 PM
sconie
6th Gear

Thanks for the reply, I must admit that your bike inspired me to change the emblems as well as the seat, I just missed out on a Street bob solo seat last week, so I'm keeping my eyes open for ebay, though there is less around on ebay UK, the fender bib, I saw fitted to another Fat Bob, it fits covers the rear fender where the passenger seat used to be, but your rear fender mod looks sweet, I gather a 2010 Dyna tail is a straight swop ?.

I like the link for the tank emblems, the Chrome and white would be a nice contrast, the Black reflective tape can be bought cheap enough, I was going to add some to the front forks and on the rear black swingarm, to give some side on reflection at night once I remove the standard reflectors, I'm sure there is a post on here about them, you can's see them unless it's dark and a light hits them.

Do you recon the black "wrinkle" paint would look better than the chrome band ?, as your bike is black it looks uniform, but I don't know if it will do much for my red bike.

Cheers.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:15 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sconie
... I just missed out on a Street bob solo seat last week... I gather a 2010 Dyna tail is a straight swop ?.

...the Black reflective tape can be bought cheap enough, I was going to add some to the front forks and on the rear black swingarm, to give some side on reflection at night once I remove the standard reflectors, I'm sure there is a post on here about them, you can's see them unless it's dark and a light hits them.

Do you recon the black "wrinkle" paint would look better than the chrome band ?, as your bike is black it looks uniform, but I don't know if it will do much for my red bike.

Cheers.
Yea, that's an 09 Street Bob solo seat... you could check this forum's classifieds as well as EBay.
That black reflective tape sounds interesting, I've never heard of it.
If you're going to change out the battery band you should definitely paint the stock one first... I think it would look smashing.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Borderman
Cruiser
Default t-shirt

did we ever have the squad's t-shirts made up? if so where do i get one?

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:02 AM
HDMarkyB
Road Captain
Default Ditto!

Yeah I asked about the same thing a few weeks ago but nobody replied.. Maybe someone will now knowing they have a couple of buyers!!

Old 12-11-2009, 12:42 AM
gjantzer
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just joined the Harley family..........on the Fat Boy side of the family. $6000 to the promise land.....couldn't be happier. Fun per dollar? PRICELESS!

Old 12-11-2009, 03:48 PM
JOESKIDOO
Intermediate

Do you have more picture's of the headlite set up? I want to change mine to a 7" single h.i.d but can't find anything that looks right. What set up did you use?

Old 12-11-2009, 07:52 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 08fxdf43202
I think you're right about the tank emblem, this one might work:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GAS-T...Q5fAccessories
As far as cheap mods go... paint the battery cover band wrinkle black.
What is... 'black' reflective tape, a fender 'bib' and..... why?
Here's a pic of some mods... it isn't red, but you can see the battery cover. Also notice the upper belt guard & electrical cover,
I traded with a Street Bob friend... 0 dollars.

I like that red emblem. Looks good on the denim.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:53 AM
gjantzer
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the red emblem on that black denim FatBob is hotter than two rabbits ****ing in a wool sock!

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!