Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:03 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Idaho, those look like black Progressive 412s.

But I dig the V&H Short Shots... if I can ever pry myself from the stock pipes I think those are it. We'll see

Old 11-02-2009, 01:10 AM
sgtcoleusmc
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks

Originally Posted by Idahoboi
SgtCole,
Nice looking bike. I just bought an '08 a couple of weeks ago. What kind of shocks are those? They look good. How's the ride?
Thanks for the compliment on my bike. The shocks you asked about are 11" Progressive 412's. There is a major difference in the bike handling and it dropped the bike about an inch and a half. As for comfort, with the seat change and shock change it is much stiffer than before and will take some adjustment on my part but I really like the look and the ride.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Fuzzman
Road Captain

Checking in.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM
thedonk13
Advanced

Originally Posted by Manu
hey bro, love what you have done with the ride....what passenger footboards are you using? and how much did they run you?
I searched the threads for Fat Bob floor boards, and this guy has a great tutorial on what part numbers and pictures. I had to have the left side board put on my the dealer because I stripped out the daggum torx screw they put in. Haven't heard her complain since so it was well worth it to me.

The windshield is from national cycle, and for the price it can't be beat. easy to put on and take off. The only complaint is the plastic hardware you have to leave on your handle bars, but I don't mind the sacrifice for the comfort.

The sissy pad is from haulin *** dot com. The hardware is in-line with the seat for it doesn't have any crazy chrome side bars that stick out, I love the flush look.

Lastly, my derby cover and timing cover were etched by pig, etchings by pig dot com. His word is awesome and it really lets you have total control of where you take your bike's customization.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Skyscrape
Novice

Just bought my first Harley! 2009 Denim Black Fat Bob. Had 4 Sport Bikes before it and I am scratching my head as to why I wasted all that money!

All stock at this point, but it won't be for long! It is one mean machine though!

Old 11-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Manu
Advanced

edonk13;5802198]I searched the threads for Fat Bob floor boards, and this guy has a great tutorial on what part numbers and pictures. I had to have the left side board put on my the dealer because I stripped out the daggum torx screw they put in. Haven't heard her complain since so it was well worth it to me.

The windshield is from national cycle, and for the price it can't be beat. easy to put on and take off. The only complaint is the plastic hardware you have to leave on your handle bars, but I don't mind the sacrifice for the comfort.

The sissy pad is from haulin *** dot com. The hardware is in-line with the seat for it doesn't have any crazy chrome side bars that stick out, I love the flush look.

Lastly, my derby cover and timing cover were etched by pig, etchings by pig dot com. His word is awesome and it really lets you have total control of where you take your bike's customization.[/quote]

thanks for the info

Old 11-03-2009, 12:03 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

edonk13;5802198]

Fat Bob floor boards....
The windshield.....
The sissy pad.....
Lastly, my derby cover and timing cover.....
Manu-otta post some pics .

Old 11-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Skyscrape
Novice

Originally Posted by sgtcoleusmc
Thanks for the compliment on my bike. The shocks you asked about are 11" Progressive 412's. There is a major difference in the bike handling and it dropped the bike about an inch and a half. As for comfort, with the seat change and shock change it is much stiffer than before and will take some adjustment on my part but I really like the look and the ride.
Did it change the bikes handling in a good way or bad way? I really like how I can through my Fat Bob around. But i like the look of the black springs.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Manu
Advanced

08fxdf43202;
the listings are from thedonk13, he posted one pic, if you scroll up your see it ...he's the one with a white cloth under the passenger seat. It is a sweet looking ride. I just got out of the service and moved to louisiana and I'm in the process of having my stuff...including my baby down, last sunday a friend of mine down here invited me and my girl to go riding using his 99' road king , and my girl loved how comfortable the floor boards were..so I looked around and there was thedonk13 with a sweet ride and floor boards..now as for my ride i have iso grips with throtle boss and helmet lock, fin derby cover, quick detach sissy bar and rack, hd quick detach short wind shield and a sundowner seat. now the sundowner seat and wind shield knock the cool right out of the ride IMO, so I only put them on when she is riding with me for long distances..honestly I have used the wind shield on one trip to the blue ridge parkway (awsome trip), I will post some pics when I get my ride down here

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:01 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

08fxdf43202;
the listings are from thedonk13, he posted one pic, if you scroll up your see it ...he's the one with a white cloth under the passenger seat. It is a sweet looking ride. I just got out of the service and moved to louisiana and I'm in the process of having my stuff...including my baby down, last sunday a friend of mine down here invited me and my girl to go riding using his 99' road king , and my girl loved how comfortable the floor boards were..so I looked around and there was thedonk13 with a sweet ride and floor boards..now as for my ride i have iso grips with throtle boss and helmet lock, fin derby cover, quick detach sissy bar and rack, hd quick detach short wind shield and a sundowner seat. now the sundowner seat and wind shield knock the cool right out of the ride IMO, so I only put them on when she is riding with me for long distances..honestly I have used the wind shield on one trip to the blue ridge parkway (awsome trip), I will post some pics when I get my ride down here
Welcome home & thank you for your service.
Thanks also for straightening me out on which post is which.
Your ride looks good in your sig pic.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!