Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Herd Mentality
09 Pewter Denim Fat Bob... only 300 miles on it so far (stupid Fargo weather)
any chance of posting a bigger picture? Those Pewter ones seem to be rare on the ground!

Old 05-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Wooglint
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Fat Bob

I've been lurking here for a while picking up a bunch of great ideas and know how. I finally got around to posting some pics.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2009 Pewter

Finally got around to taking some pics today. Still have a couple of mods to go and hope to get a custom plate from the DMV. Haven't seen too many of the Pewter ones around. Took some black high heat grill paint and painted the battery box strap, the horn, and the fuse box cover strip. Also took off the front fork reflectors and the rear strip on the gas tank. Added the black fin timer and derby cover. I'll post more pics as the mods get added.

Enjoy,

Christian
Cleveland, Wisconsin

Old 06-04-2009, 04:48 PM
thedonk13
Advanced

Picked my Bob up this weekend! Loving ever minute of it!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:44 PM
LUCKY DAVE
Advanced

Attachment 557077
My mods are a little different. As I own 8 bikes, and only one of them a Harley, I made mods to add cornering clearance so I wouldn't jump off one of the others onto the Harley, forget it has no clearance, drag it on the ground in the first corner and throw it down the road.
To that end I had Works Performance build me a set of shocks 2-1/2" longer than stock and installed a Race Tech gold valve emulator kit with stiffer springs in the forks.
The handling, ride quality, and cornering clearance are much improved.
Now the limiting factor is the inherent slop in the chassis/motor mount assemblies. Is there an easy fix for that?

Old 06-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Portugoose
Advanced

I took advantage of the repairs needed to fix my Roberta after my accident and changed my controls to mids. NOW, this is the best Harley I've ever ridden (until I do Stage I)!!! I also added some black parts during these repairs. The CA-nister is coming off once I reach the minimum miles for non-California-EPA motorcycle.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:32 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LUCKY DAVE

The handling, ride quality, and cornering clearance are much improved.
Now the limiting factor is the inherent slop in the chassis/motor mount assemblies. Is there an easy fix for that?
Have you looked at Sputhe's positrack or the TruTrack chassis stabilizers? Also check out the superbrace fork brace.

Last edited by ColdCase; 06-06-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

Welcome all!

Lucky Dave,

I can highly recommend both the True-Track and the Super Brace. . . the True-Track did exactly that, got rid of the slop.

I'd be very interested to see more pictures of your bike. I put on the True-Track and the Super Brace in an effort to improve the handling, and the effort paid off. I'd like to see what your bike looks like with the new shockes etc.

Happy riding!

Old 06-07-2009, 12:10 PM
LUCKY DAVE
Advanced

Attachment 557078
Here's the only other pic I have on photobucket.
As you can see, the rear ride height is considerably higher. Since the chassis attitude is much more "normal" instead of "slammed" the seating position is more comfortable and the rake/trail is reduced (faster and more flickable steering, not so ponderous feeling).
It doesn't make the bike any lighter, but it "feels" ~100 pounds lighter when riding it. Still heavy as an ocean liner compared to a sport bike, but better than before.
HOWEVER, as you can see, the bike doesn't look as "cool" jacked up, so if looks are more important to you than sporting rideability, (you probably ordered your bike with forward controls in the first place) this mod's not for you.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:23 PM
snuffer
Cruiser

So you guys that have the blacked out strut covers and turn signals, are you buying those parts that way or are just painting your original chrome parts black?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!