Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:19 PM
pnb0307
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!

Ilive in Pensacola FL. can ride most of the year . got my bob in dec. LOVE it cant see me on any other bike !!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 09:25 PM
pnb0307
1st Gear

JWB47 Fat Bob caused me to forget my sporty faster than my 1th. wife

Old 02-20-2008, 09:39 PM
black65
Intermediate

I purchase a Pewter Denim, this month. Now I'm just waiting on the V&H pipes that are back ordered.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:33 PM
db252
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jmerr01

Check it out. I've joined the squadron!

Went with black instead of red afterall... I got some ideas for custom work so we'll see how it goes. Its actually "used" with 126 miles on it and some aftermarket stuff:

Harley wide grips,
Chrome radiator cover or something to that affec, battery covers.

All in all for the pricing: $14,900 after trade in. Not a bad deal

One hell of a ride. God I'm in love with this thing and I love the six gear... wow.. who knew?!!! This is the shi'te!!! The stock seat is pretty comfy and the position is great with the drag bars. I can drool a little more after the weather clears up and I can take it on some ride... gotta

I do believe that would bea 'voltage regulator' chrome cover.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:31 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Its in front, not on the side under the seat. Its at the bottom of the frame. I believe its a radiator cover but not entirely sure. But there is a voltage regulator chrome cover and battery box cover on as well. Its tasteful so far, the previous owner has some other pieces that he'd sell me for a reduced price but I haven't seen them.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 AM
zimman20
Tourer

Local dealer has a Fat Bob in what I can only assume is the dark blue pearl? I currently have an FXST with all kinds of upgrades (read: money poured into it) but I positively drool every time I see that bike on the floor, I want it bad....I cannot get it out of my mind. I've been very happy with my Standard and until I saw the Bob at the dealer I had absolutely no desire to own any other Harley at this time. I think they nailed it with this model, love the dual front headlights, the fatter tire on the front, the way it sits....

I'm pretty sure they'd be eager to do a deal based on the posts I've read (the state of the economy, the flat sales of motorcycles in general) but I suspect that they'd just kill me on the trade in for the same reasons.

I'm envious of youse guys with your Fat Bobs and want to be a squadron member! I just don't think it's in the cards and I'm enjoying not having a payment on the MC, I own mine outright. [8D]

Old 02-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: jmerr01

Its in front, not on the side under the seat. Its at the bottom of the frame. I believe its a radiator cover but not entirely sure. But there is a voltage regulator chrome cover and battery box cover on as well. Its tasteful so far, the previous owner has some other pieces that he'd sell me for a reduced price but I haven't seen them.
db's point is. . . the Bob (like all Dynas, Sportsters, Tourers, Softails) does NOT have a radiator!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:30 AM
TrophyGuy
Novice

Did most of the bobs come with mids. Mine has forward and I have never used them before. Wondering if I should have got mids. what do you think?

Old 02-21-2008, 10:02 AM
PhilJS
Novice

Here's mine all the way from the UK, Candy Red Sunglo to help break up all those Black ones

Old 02-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

Oddly most of those that went to reviewers seemed to have mid, and most of those that I have seen on the road or in showroom have had forward!

Mine came with forward and it's a first for me. At first I didn't think I'd like it but I'm used to it and with my 34" inseam I think it would be the best option, as when I sat on one with mid controls I could sense that I might be uncomfortable on extended rides.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Squadron - owners check in!