Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bullet Headlight Kit from MOCO

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008 | 07:46 PM
WdGldDave
Road Captain
Default RE: Bullet Headlight Kit from MOCO

Eastern Performance. I went with the Cobra 2 for about $90 about 2 years ago. Great quality and great service.

Old 01-28-2008 | 08:14 PM
motorcycle
Advanced

SARGE IS RIGHT!

Old 01-28-2008 | 08:15 PM
STSpringer
Advanced

The link is toChicago Harley Davidson for the light and mounting hardware (68593-06 and 69611-06)not as cheap as some,yet$74.38 cheaper than what the dealer wants. Still high compared to what the other guys have found.

http://chicagoharley.com/shop/advanc...p;x=17&y=7

Old 01-28-2008 | 08:34 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

How can it be possible for the the 99.00 light be of the same quality metal etc as the one from HD ? I would ask the same questions as cou9ar.

Old 01-29-2008 | 12:15 AM
stevieg
Road Warrior

I agree that the dyna stock headlights look too small. Especially with the bigger forks. I'm thinking about going the Matkiwi route and getting a 7".

https://www.hdforums.com/upfiles/243...2EA696F37D.jpg

Old 01-29-2008 | 05:21 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member

I will not pretend my $95.00 light is as nice as the Harley light. I just simply do not have pockets deep enough to justify spending that kind of money on a headlight. For the money, I am extremely impressed with the light I purchsed through Eastern. Having installed it and used it for a couple months, I can not imagine what about the Harley light makes it 3.5 times more expensive. May be my own way of making myself feel better about not be able to afford the Harley light.

Old 01-29-2008 | 05:30 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

I am looking into both. I trust the wisdom of most of the members here and you are one of them. Your ride is looking good.

Old 01-29-2008 | 06:30 AM
Acrux
Intermediate

Origionally I was planning on getting HD's bullet headlight as well but the price wasn't going to make it possible any time soon. I decided to try out theirheadlight trim ring with the visor. It makes a world of differenceand looks great against the black headlight on our bikes. It gives the whole headlight a little more depth, not quite as much as their bullet light but at $35 or whatever it is it's another option thats quite a bit cheaper than anything else. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but I figured I'd toss that out there.

Acrux

Old 01-29-2008 | 06:44 AM
vladt
Cruiser

Recently installed HD bullet head light on my Street Bob.
The quality, fit and finish are absolutely perfect. Worth every penny of the asking price.
Highly recommended

Vlad

Old 01-29-2008 | 09:55 AM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior

i wanted another gloss black one to replace the chinsy one on my '07 bob, so i went to ebay.... and found a nice 5 3/4 for about 85.00 .....HOWEVER, when i got the light i couldn't fit a standard 3/4 mount in between the housing's fingers and i couldn't fit a better quality 5 3/4 bulb in the housing

...it was an off- coast housing..... i mean, i could have used it- quality was better than stock- but i didn't like that i couldn't use the mount i wanted nor the headlight i wanted

so i resigned myself to a black anodized Headwinds....i said the hell with it, and went with what i think is the best ...was very expensive, and in retrospect, i wouldn't do it again....there ARE less expensive lights out there- chrome ones that i could have simply sent out for powdercoat and would have still been less than the Headwinds....

you live and learn, i suppose

Quick Reply: Bullet Headlight Kit from MOCO