Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Dyna Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 11:25 PM
bporter
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dyna Transmission

Anyone have a good/bad experience with the rework on their new 2006 Dyna transmission recall? I got my hands on the service bulletin and the recall looks very extensive. Basically taking the whole transmission apart to change several parts. Obviously I'm concerned about that much service on a brand new bike....

Old 01-15-2006, 11:33 PM
T2RACING
Cruiser
Default RE: 2006 Dyna Transmission

What is this all about.. I just purcahsed a new 06 Lowrider and the only thing that they told me about yesterday was at 15000 miles I had to bring it back in for a couple of things... Anyone have any more info on this..

Old 01-15-2006, 11:51 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you just purchased your bike, it most likely had the tranny done already. It is not as bad as it sounds, I have not had the recall done yet but am #6 on the list at the dealer. I...knock on wood...have not had any problems at all. Tranny is smooth as butter.

Old 01-15-2006, 11:54 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The recall only affects the first couple of months of production. So if you just bought a bike, it probably isn't affected.

The recall only affects a malfunctioning switch in the trans. It can give a false neutral light. It has nothing to do with the actual function of the trans itself.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Twohulabears
Road Captain

I think the recall only effects bikes built between june something and October 19th (I think). It is posted here somewhere. My bike was built the first part of October. I put 1000 miles on it with no problems. Got the recall work done, and everything still good here!

Old 01-16-2006, 12:27 AM
beard63
Intermediate

I just bought a 06 Super Glide Custom last month. My dealer wouldn't let me take delivery of the bike
until the recall was done. I told them that I must go for a test drive before I buy! And noticed that it
was a little hard to find neutral, but now that that the recall has been done it is no problem. So far
I have 500 trouble free miles and very happy with my new glide.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:42 AM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Twohulabears

I think the recall only effects bikes built between june something and October 19th (I think). It is posted here somewhere. My bike was built the first part of October. I put 1000 miles on it with no problems. Got the recall work done, and everything still good here!
Here's the info on that recall... HERE

Old 01-16-2006, 12:54 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: beard63

I just bought a 06 Super Glide Custom last month. My dealer wouldn't let me take delivery of the bike
until the recall was done. I told them that I must go for a test drive before I buy! And noticed that it
was a little hard to find neutral, but now that that the recall has been done it is no problem. So far
I have 500 trouble free miles and very happy with my new glide.
Good thread! I took delivery on my bike the first week of October. I did notice that neutral was a bit hard to find...but I never had a problem with an actual false neutral. The bike's in the shop right now getting the recall work done. I've been a bit concerned that such a big job needs to be done so early on. From what I see so far, there haven't been any problems...the more people that tell me that, the happier I'll be. So keep the good news coming! I'll make sure to post once I get my bike back.
I'm getting a bit frustrated and lonely by myself in my garage waiting for the dealer to finish up

Todd

Old 01-16-2006, 01:58 AM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the recall is a little more serious than just a faulty neutral switch. The problem is, the bike can unexpectedly jump into gear from neutral. Just be aware of this problem if you like to start your bike and let it idle in neutral for a minute ot two when warming up. I haven't had the recall done yet, so I make sure I am sitting on the bike and holding the front brake while it warms up.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:57 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

The bike I plan to purchase was built in Nov. 05 so I would presume it was done at the factory before shipping from everything I have been reading here.

Quick Reply: 2006 Dyna Transmission