Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's not a Dyna BUT ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008 | 08:53 AM
kpreese
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It's not a Dyna BUT ...

ORIGINAL: Sway_NC_WG
It is a Harley Bad Boy with the 96" motor and a spring seat. That is all it is... Seems Harley would have done better to have introduced it as a Bad Boy CVO instead of calling it the Cross Bones.
And a fat front tire and mini-apes. While those aren't "significant" things perhaps, to me it definitely has a completely different overall look than a Bad Boy. I don't think it's a bad looking bike, but the Bad Boy was awesome.

One thing I finally realized a few weeks ago . . . I thought I always hated the softail fenders and wideglide fenders. But the Bad Boys, older softails and wideglidesalways looked great to me (especially when lowered). I was getting a new front tire put on my bike at an Indy shop and they had an older wideglide that looked awesome parked right next to a newer softail and that's when it hit me . . those fenders just don't look quite right to me when they are really wide and covering big rubber. They look great on a more traditionally sized HD rear tire because that shape just looks funny to me when it is wide. That's totally personal opinion of course, but I was glad to finally figure out my mystery love/hate thing with that type of rear fender.

I *think* the pendulum is once again swinging back the other way so I would expect to see something with a relatively skinny rear tire coming from HD next year. A REAL Bad Boy reproduction would have sold like crazy in my opinion, complete with the original sized rear tire and a 21" front.

Kevin

Old 01-28-2008 | 10:14 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: kpreese

ORIGINAL: Sway_NC_WG
It is a Harley Bad Boy with the 96" motor and a spring seat. That is all it is... Seems Harley would have done better to have introduced it as a Bad Boy CVO instead of calling it the Cross Bones.
And a fat front tire and mini-apes. While those aren't "significant" things perhaps, to me it definitely has a completely different overall look than a Bad Boy. I don't think it's a bad looking bike, but the Bad Boy was awesome.

One thing I finally realized a few weeks ago . . . I thought I always hated the softail fenders and wideglide fenders. But the Bad Boys, older softails and wideglides always looked great to me (especially when lowered). I was getting a new front tire put on my bike at an Indy shop and they had an older wideglide that looked awesome parked right next to a newer softail and that's when it hit me . . those fenders just don't look quite right to me when they are really wide and covering big rubber. They look great on a more traditionally sized HD rear tire because that shape just looks funny to me when it is wide. That's totally personal opinion of course, but I was glad to finally figure out my mystery love/hate thing with that type of rear fender.

I *think* the pendulum is once again swinging back the other way so I would expect to see something with a relatively skinny rear tire coming from HD next year. A REAL Bad Boy reproduction would have sold like crazy in my opinion, complete with the original sized rear tire and a 21" front.

Kevin

I have this thing about the new way the fender brace is mounted. I think the fender looked much better with some metal from the fender showing below the mount like they used to be prior to 06.

Old 01-28-2008 | 11:02 AM
Skitzer
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cornishman

Interesting, Harley following the custom move to Bobbers? For me it the rear fender spoils it.
Agree, but both the rear fender and that ugly seat would have to go before I'd get on one.
I still prefer my Dyna over a Soft Tail any day!

Old 01-28-2008 | 02:01 PM
Ybnormal67
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen pictures of the Cross Bones in black and olive. I can't say I really care for the olive color too much but it looks awesome on this bike......The Rocker looks as though they got to the back and ran out of ideas to finish it off.....Looks like an unfinished Duce to me....

Later,
Joe

Old 01-29-2008 | 08:11 AM
R Racing
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WoW I guess I haven't been on here for a while! I like The springer frontend but thats about it. Guess its just not my taste ??

Jim

Old 01-29-2008 | 08:43 AM
twofish
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice for sure.
There’s still things I would change, but of course that’s on any bike.