Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyna floorboard conversion project

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008 | 05:41 PM
cstolp
|
Road Captain
Default dyna floorboard conversion project

I have made some interface plates to allow me to mount softail floorboards to my 07 fxdl. I still have to figure out a brake line and wiring to the brake switch but I think that its all comming together quite nicely.

[IMG]local://upfiles/33555/1323086147D048FFB87D5665C77E1D79.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/33555/00800ABC2E094CEF87CCA4BB50551DEF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/33555/BDBD5F07D43F41F2AB4C27686AA47FDA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-26-2008 | 07:41 PM
JBWFXD
Intermediate
Default RE: dyna floorboard conversion project

Like it....I thought about doing the same. Finally found a set of FXDP boards on E-bay for a fairly decent price. Keep posting and let us know how it finishes. Thiscould be good info for a lot of people looking for a "cheaper" was of putting boards on a dyna.

Old 01-26-2008 | 07:43 PM
cstolp
|
Road Captain

what year is your bike? FYI 06 and newer the fxdp boards will not completely bolt up on the left/shifter side.

Old 01-26-2008 | 07:44 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member

How about the heel-toe shifter thing you got going on, how did you do that, or rather, which parts? Nice looking, though. Look forward to seeing your finished project.

Old 01-26-2008 | 07:46 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member

Question for all about floorboards and dynas. It seems lots of people want them, so why did HD stop making them? Just one of those things, I guess.

Old 01-26-2008 | 07:49 PM
cstolp
|
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: lonewatie

How about the heel-toe shifter thing you got going on, how did you do that, or rather, which parts? Nice looking, though. Look forward to seeing your finished project.
I got everything from a fellow member who converted his 07 fat boy to forward controls. These are stock boards, mounts and controls from his bike.

Old 01-26-2008 | 08:06 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Nice job Chris ... I see you decided against using the Cycle Vision mounts, as we haddiscussed. Your bracketsappear tomeet your needs nicely, though.

It should be coming together in another couple of days once you get your brake lines and parts sorted out, though! You should be able to reuse your existing brake light switch if you put a T connection at that point in your brake line.

Congrats on your solution; nicely done!

As Lonewatie questions, one has towonder...why did HD stop making the option for Dynas???

Enjoy the ride ...

Priest

Old 01-26-2008 | 08:11 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: lonewatie

I believe the heel-and-toe shifter was done just usingstandard H-D Softail parts ... that was what I used on my similar floorboard set up (adapted from an '05 Fatboy). The Softail's splined shaft extends further than the one used on Dynas so two shift levers are used--one each, fore and aft.

I've become quite accustomed to mine and really like it.

R/
Priest

Old 01-26-2008 | 08:27 PM
cstolp
|
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Priest

Nice job Chris ... I see you decided against using the Cycle Vision mounts, as we haddiscussed. Your bracketsappear tomeet your needs nicely, though.

It should be coming together in another couple of days once you get your brake lines and parts sorted out, though! You should be able to reuse your existing brake light switch if you put a T connection at that point in your brake line.

Congrats on your solution; nicely done!

As Lonewatie questions, one has towonder...why did HD stop making the option for Dynas???

Enjoy the ride ...

Priest
Yes I wanted to mount the boards in relatively the same position that the softails have them mounted. In this way I hope to be able to mount a softail crashbar to the setup.

Old 01-27-2008 | 08:14 AM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

i think it is awell designed project, cstolp. great job, please keep us posted when your finished. looking good. jackyl

Quick Reply: dyna floorboard conversion project