Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyna floorboard conversion project

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008 | 08:44 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: dyna floorboard conversion project

awesome job [sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 02-01-2008 | 08:52 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member

Hate you use you as a guinea pig (or rather your bike), but , yeah, please let us know how those work out. I saw them on ebay asked about them here, and didn't get too much response, assume from no one having used them, so looking forward to your review on them. Are your controls mid or forward? Send some good pics, and good review when you get them on. Thanks.

ORIGINAL: chisam1

Hi I just ordered some mini floorboards from E Bay. i will send in pictures when they arrive
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...link:middle:us
Regards Chris.

Old 02-01-2008 | 11:17 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Chris-

Looks great ... mind if I ask how much fabrication of your mounting brackets cost?

Priest

Old 02-01-2008 | 11:42 PM
cstolp
|
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Priest

Chris-

Looks great ... mind if I ask how much fabrication of your mounting brackets cost?

Priest
Well if you don't count the prototypes $10 but that was just to buy the steel and have a guy sheer them close to the shape I wanted. The final shaping was done with a grinder, belt sander, and file.

I have quite a lot of time into this. Now that I have it all figured out I could probably turn out a set in a couple of hours.

Old 02-14-2008 | 11:31 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

Are the brakets a mirror of each other? Seeing this post made my day, I want to do this very project but didn't want to use the aftermarket ones.

Old 02-15-2008 | 07:38 AM
cstolp
|
Road Captain

The brackes are not a mirror of each other the bolt patterns are slightly different from one side to the other. They are close however. The ST brackets have 3 mounting holes and they are the same(or at least close enough) on the top and the forward of the two bottom holes. The bottom hole towards the back of the bike is different. In fact the one on the right/brake side is where I welded the stud in because in lands where the mounting block is on the dyna frame making a bolt impossible to utilize.

Old 02-15-2008 | 09:19 AM
Stanger
Road Master

Have any of you looking for floorboards looked into these?
http://www.jpcycles.com/catalog/2007...alog/0917.html

I have the oval shakers shown on the very far right for $124.99. They were on in couple hours or less and work awsome! I got the info from LoLife who has them also. Just an idea for those with no way making parts but want boards.

Good luck!!
PS not trying to highjack this thread, just want to let those that want floorboards but do not have the equipment to make parts have a chance to get some.

Old 02-15-2008 | 07:46 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

cstlop, thanks for the info.

Old 02-15-2008 | 08:10 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

The pics are a little confusing to me as the brake looks like it is still in the mid-control position with another pedal in front and the shifter seems like it's in the forward control position but it was mentioned that it's basically where the softail pedals are. Approximately how much more forward is the shifter and brake than a midmount in inches? Thanks

Old 02-15-2008 | 10:12 PM
cstolp
|
Road Captain

Stevieg,

The first series of pictures shows the initial fitment of the boards while the mids remained. The later series of photos shows the boards with the mids removed. The shifter is moved forward 9.5".

Quick Reply: dyna floorboard conversion project