Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TURN SIGNAL MIRRORS

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:04 PM
simsjam
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TURN SIGNAL MIRRORS

ORIGINAL: johnfxdb

I have the HD LED mirrors. You do need a load equalizer if you remove the primary signals. They are listed as auxillary lights but work fine with the equalizer.
I agree on this. On my 95 Sportster I was replacing my primary front signals and they would not flash (or they were flashing so fast you could not tell). The advantage to adding the equalizer is then you can go LED on the rear signals too with no issues. Some equalizers generate a lot of heat because they add a load to the electrical circuit to simulate the incandescent bulbs.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Rebel78
Road Captain

greenstreetbob; thanx man, the pipes are V&H slip ons, they sound good, but la bit too loud, I recommend the quite baffles instead of the standard ones.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:55 PM
TARTAN2
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ktm_scott

ORIGINAL: simsjam

I put a set of these on my 95 sportster and had a lot of trouble getting them to work properly. I ended up getting a badlander load balancer so my turnsignals would flash off and on (necessary on some year models). They have 2 sets of wires to hook up; 1 for running light and 1 for the turn signal. If I hooked them up to the proper wires, the running lights were dimand the turn signals were too dim to see. In the instructions the alternate method was to run both wires to the turnsignal connection and that was brighter BUT there were no running lights. Visiblityin traffic was an issue so make note in the instructions they state they are not DOT approved. They do look similar to the Kuryakyn ones but there may be a difference.
I hooked mine up to have running lights and flashers and have no dimming issues whatsoever. The throttle side was a bitch to hook up and reassemble. Friggin' push/pull throttle cables on a fuel injected bike...

Simple connection: Red to blue, white to purple, black to ground. I didn't even need the load balancer. Was told without it, the flash rate would be too fast, but that isn't the case on my bike. T he flash cadence is the same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. [8D]

Scott

Did you make the connection in the switch housings ? The Harley tech says its a 3 hour job , tank off , strip back wiring.........

Electrics aint my thing but I can certainly solder a cuple of wires if its at the switches ....I think !!

Old 01-30-2008, 03:16 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Waiting for mine from Frantic Customs . Couldn't afford the HD's but think these are a good alternative.

I hate to be a beggar but if you do get the signal mirrors can I have your stock black ones? or trade ya for my chrome ones, or buy em for a decent price?

Old 01-30-2008, 05:20 PM
TARTAN2
Tourer

Ed if you dont get sorted before I get mine fitted you can have mine for the postage costs.

Got to say that Leo at Frantic has given me excellent service !! He sent me the units with the amber lenses when it was the ones with the clear lenses I wanted - honest mistake - agreed to change them immeditely and refunded my postage. Quality service compared to what i've had lately elswhere.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:51 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ed if you dont get sorted before I get mine fitted you can have mine for the postage costs.
Right on, I probably would have ended up painting mine black, I've done it before, it looks OK but it would never be as good as the factory black.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Patsplace
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bad

Last edited by Patsplace; 07-03-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Double posting
Old 07-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Patsplace
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a set of the Kury TSig Mirrors and while they look OK, really are plug 'N play, I think I goofed and got the flat glass. vibration city!!! I can't see what kind of car is behind me and that can be costly. Anyone else used the Convex and how did they work for them? I'm a big guy and really wish they stuck out another 2-3 inches too.

Pat

Old 07-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Dynamic
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If anybody has some stock bullets, I'm interested. I need a set (any color) for a crash total I'm redoing and a black set for a sportster which has no ts fitted at all.
Thanks.