Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slip on exhaust without remap

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 08:41 AM
stewart1962
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slip on exhaust without remap

Hi folks,
Im new to harleys so im looking for a bit of easy advice to start with.
I want to put a set of slip ons on to my street bob, can i do this with out the remap, im not changing the air cleaner yet, i just want it sound like a harley should, once it has a few miles under its belt i will do the a/c and stage one, any advice on which slip ons i should use and where to get them, and will they post to the uk.
Ps, does any one know where i can get a set of black forwards for same bike

many thanks
stewart

ride safe

Old 01-15-2006, 09:48 AM
lost6009
Cruiser
Default RE: slip on exhaust without remap

I have d&d slip ons on my bob with the stock filter and no remap and it runs fine. I have ran about 1k miles that way.

Old 01-15-2006, 11:10 AM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

You can change the mufflers without a remap, but the bike is borderline lean to start with. You can add a TFI if you plan not to go with too many mods in the future https://www.hdforums.com/m_64814/tm.htm

Old 01-15-2006, 01:25 PM
rde
Road Captain

I just bought an 06 Wide Glide with SE II slip ons. I'm like you, didn't really want to do a Stage I upgrade right now. I asked the HD dealership about whether I needed to do a ECM download. All the shop mechanics agreed that a remap is not necessary unless you do the Stage I kit.

I may do the Stage I later, but for now I will just check my spark plugs. I will probably do the Stage I in a few months. I think you will be fine-but I would check your apark plugs just to be sure once in awhile.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:51 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thatswhat I though, but if the bike is only running lean at certain rpms, it is hard to tell by the plugs. I haveSEII slip ons, SE A/C, andthe D/L. Bike runs great. Once in a blue moon it will pop on a hard decel, but rarely. It is prolly a bit on the lean side but nothing to bad. If your bike is running good and not popping, Iwoud say you are OK, from what I have learned on here.

My dealer said the same thing btw....just slip ons did not require theD/L. With the A/C as well, D/L was required.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:56 PM
chapds
Cruiser

That's good to know. I'll probably get the SEII's prior to my A/C as well. Got to save a little money. When we gonna hit up a ride brother Griz. Your right near my favorite ride, the 74 Ortega Highway. Maybe someday when it heats up a little bit. Todays rain is killing me, so now i'm looking for more parts instead. Gonna get a clock today ( little handlebar clock ) found a guy on e'bay that sells them & he is from Vista, so he said I could pick it up. Wasn't gonna get it till I noticed a scratch on my bars, now I need something to cover that up.

Later,
Chap

Old 01-15-2006, 02:57 PM
stewart1962
Cruiser

many thanks for your help guys, i will try to sorce a set SE11's and go with just now.

cheers

Old 01-15-2006, 10:07 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: chapds

That's good to know. I'll probably get the SEII's prior to my A/C as well. Got to save a little money. When we gonna hit up a ride brother Griz. Your right near my favorite ride, the 74 Ortega Highway. Maybe someday when it heats up a little bit. Todays rain is killing me, so now i'm looking for more parts instead. Gonna get a clock today ( little handlebar clock ) found a guy on e'bay that sells them & he is from Vista, so he said I could pick it up. Wasn't gonna get it till I noticed a scratch on my bars, now I need something to cover that up.

Later,
Chap
anytime ya wanna ride just let me know man

Old 01-15-2006, 10:57 PM
chapds
Cruiser

Will do bro... Just rode up to Basilone for the hell of it. 20 miles each way with some toonz. Little cold, but not too bad.

Later,
Chap

Old 01-16-2006, 01:12 AM
italiano
Tourer

i so glad to see you dont need the down load.im getting slip ons from the dealer screaming eagle slash downs.i wanted the v&h big radius but im not too comfortable about the whole down load program thing it seems like it is in the experemental phase id rather wait on the full exhaust later when all the kinks have been worked out.

Quick Reply: slip on exhaust without remap