Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trotter, how are the Bassani?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:54 AM
strich
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trotter, how are the Bassani?

You've gotten me convinced to change out my Rush for a set of the blacked out Bassani. I talked to Jamie over at FuelMoto and he speaks highly of the Bassani. As well as my brother in law for their products on cars. So i gotta know how they look and sound and perform.

anything?

Old 01-25-2008, 11:58 AM
wackyhacky
Intermediate
Default RE: Trotter, how are the Bassani?

I have them on my Street Bob. I already liked the idea of short pipes & at the time there were very few options for blacked out pipes so that is what I went with. They have been great as far as peformance is concerned & there are very few other pipes I have ever heard that sound a DEEP and mean as they do. (which I love!) In installed them myself & the workmanship & fitment were good as well. Only two words of caution:

1) They are LOUD and while by being easy on the throttle you can roll past Johnny Law or the neighbors without sounding too obnoxious, start up & banging gears will certainly bring attention your way.

2) The black ceramic coating is touchy at BEST. I actually returned the first set I was sent because the packing was lax (from Bassani) and they had big chips in the coating when I pulled them out of the box. It does not take much to mar them & if they get wet when they are hot the coating can start to crack & flake off as it has around the jugs on mine. I have been told on here this is pretty much universal with this coating, no matter what pipes they are so just a warning. I am in to flat black period, so I simply take them off each winter & give ema coat of BBQ Hitemp black paint that looks good & lasts the season.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:54 PM
strich
Tourer

thanks for the input Wacky.

I'm currently running the Rush slip-ons and what impressed me about them is the quality bass sound and rumble without the tinniness that you get from a lot of the other brands (V&H, for instance). I'm looking for something that's got that good, solid, quality bass sound but with a little more volume. Plus, i've always loved the short and black look but all other brands tend to get bad reviews for bad sound or horrible torque, etc.

My plan is to install them myself and i've already got a Power Commander III on the bike, so Jamie's told me that they'll send me a new map. I'd think it would be as simple as unbolting the current pipes and putting the new ones on and uploading the new map. Anything else you suggest in your experience?

Old 01-25-2008, 02:10 PM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might like these, they are not bassani but V&H and I have a video of mine , same pipe but chrome. They sound even deaper in person than the video.

Here is a link to my Video with sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HirGgqmz-U

Here is alink to the Black version of the pipes..

http://www.morepoweracing.com/produc...t=More+Details

Old 01-25-2008, 02:15 PM
strich
Tourer

ORIGINAL: SilentWarrior

You might like these, they are not bassani but V&H and I have a video of mine , same pipe but chrome. They sound even deaper in person than the video.

Here is a link to my Video with sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HirGgqmz-U

Here is alink to the Black version of the pipes..

http://www.morepoweracing.com/produc...t=More+Details
I actually looked at those, because i like the looks more. But V&H have a tinny sound i don't care for. And every "review" i've read about them say they loose power and torque.

I'll have to check the video when i get home. We can't get to YT from work. [:@]

Old 01-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stich... I did one run already with some tweeking and came up 76.23 on the HP and 84.80 on the Torque.. So far way better than the Vance & Hines... and sound 10 X better....

[IMG]local://upfiles/24219/70A49485BD04419BAEC0E23F02CAA699.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-25-2008, 03:05 PM
strich
Tourer

Would a canned map set for my bike and exhaust suffice for the PC3? or is getting it dyno'd really a necessity? I've had it dyno'd but was really unhappy with the outcome and felt i'd just blown money on nothing.

thanks for the response. love to see some pics with the new pipes.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Trotter
Banned

That would be how goodJamie tested with the Bassanni's .... I have a map for the Sert but not PCIII ......

[IMG]local://upfiles/24219/9A28A5721BBB4328895C97BD93352640.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24219/B16405B9167247798A852B8C1A90BE16.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-25-2008, 04:24 PM
wackyhacky
Intermediate

I would be with Trotter on that. I haven't heard a set of V&H that sound better or as deep & rumbling as these in my opinion & obviously the performance is there too. I also have the PCIII with whatever map & adjustments the shop made to get the bike running right with the new pipes & SEAC. At the time Dynajet didn't have a pre made map for these particular pipes, but maybe they do now. My plan was always to just get it Dynotuned eventually to get it perfect, but they told me I should wait until I had more miles on it as I only had 1500 or so at that time. Probably something I will do this summer if the money is there.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26383/D0AA97AD772B441EB6114CD2A05DA169.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Trotter
Banned

Wackyhacky ..... I ran mine today with 660 miles on it.... Your ok after 500....Those pipes look good as $hit on yer bike...

Quick Reply: Trotter, how are the Bassani?