Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip on mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:24 PM
first dyna 07
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip on mufflers

Looking for some more information on slip ons I just got a great deal on reinhartsslip ons. My biggest question is do i have to retune the bike ? I have and 07 dyna super glide , all stock . I just want to add the slip ons to the bike nothing else. H D dealer said yes they want to put on a stage 1 kit on . I do not want a stage 1 kit . Just want the bike to have a little loudness to it. I also know a little about, if you change the air flow you need to put in a little more fuel to the motor . Could that be done by H D dealership by just reprograming what I installed ? NEED SOME HELP I just want to do it right THANKS PHIL

Old 01-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Travlinman314
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Slip on mufflers

I'll just tell you what I was told last summer.
If you're just doing the slip ons, and no AC, you'll be fine.

Again, only repeating whatI was told on this forum, I'm no expert, I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 PM
BlueShift
Road Master

Phil I have an 06 BOB with Rinehart slip ons, SE/AC KN filter and PCIII . 75hp , 78 torque. If you put on the Rineharts you might as well go stage 1. Many will say that the down load is not worth it but if you don't wanna go the route of dyno tuning it'll due. The stage 1 will really let the motor breathe.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:03 PM
YesterdaysCorn
Cruiser

I was told the same thing by several peeps...if just doing slip-on you will be OK as is.
I just did the stage one on my Fat Bob....and went with the download to be on the safe side. Really considering the PCIII Blueshift do ya like your PCIII and was it easy to install?

Thanks

Old 01-24-2008, 09:10 PM
BlueShift
Road Master

I did the install and it was like packing 10 pounds of chit into a 1 pound bag, not alot of room under the seat.If you take your time it's not too bad. I'm an electrician which helped.If you are mechanical you should be fine. I did the closest download and nursed it to a good dyno tuner about 15 miles from my house. It's been running for a year and no problems. I've pulled the plugs
a few times and they look perfect. IMO PCIII or SERT definitely worth the money.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:34 PM
lakeboi
Advanced

Where did you get the Rineharts? Been looking atslip ons and haven't found a deal on them yet.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:26 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,805 Likes on 13,469 Posts

For what it's worth I noticed on the harley website that replacing stock mufflers with screaming eagles which are street legal is good for a modest hp&tq gain from idle on up .They even show a dyno chart.NO WHERE does it say that you have to make any other changes to use these mufflers.Also I called RUSH and talked to the guy there and he said if you used his mufflers with the 1.75 baffles there would be no need to change anything.So I tend to believe that as long as you are using a slip on with adequate back pressure it's ok.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:30 AM
dirico1266
Tourer

I have the cycleshack slipons and when I upgraded the air components I bought a power commander.

However when I just had the slipons I did not have to dyno tune or anything.

I will tell you one thing. When you spend the 100$ for a new breathing system you will feel the power.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got mine at ACM on ebay, using their "Make an Offer" function. It was a good deal.

ORIGINAL: lakeboi

Where did you get the Rineharts? Been looking atslip ons and haven't found a deal on them yet.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:57 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: first dyna 07

Looking for some more information on slip ons I just got a great deal on reinhartsslip ons. My biggest question is do i have to retune the bike ? I have and 07 dyna super glide , all stock . I just want to add the slip ons to the bike nothing else. H D dealer said yes they want to put on a stage 1 kit on . I do not want a stage 1 kit . Just want the bike to have a little loudness to it. I also know a little about, if you change the air flow you need to put in a little more fuel to the motor . Could that be done by H D dealership by just reprograming what I installed ? NEED SOME HELP I just want to do it right THANKS PHIL
You have now entered the STAGE1 tuner world. You should get the SE A/C and remap the bike. But first you need to search the correct tuner there is the new SERT super tuner just released by the MoCo this week. Then there is the PCIII which lots of people like. Then there is the Thundermax autotune which has good reviews. You might want to investigate all 3 of these before you plunk down your hard earned $$. BTW, the dealer download sucks.

Quick Reply: Slip on mufflers