Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just ordered these wheels for my fxdf, they're out there! [pic]

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 06:48 AM
hmmr
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: just ordered these wheels for my fxdf, they're out there! [pic]

i'll be getting the tires sorted out while they're building the wheels.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:01 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my fat bob because it just reached out to me and said buy me; that doesn't mean, however, that I don't want to personalize it a bit to fit my needs and wants. Isn't that what this is all about, making it yours?

ORIGINAL: Gilly

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you start changing stuff that makes a Fat Bob a Fat Bob, (like the wheels/tires, which is a big part of the look) then why even start with one? Today it's the wheels, tomorrow it's the rear fender, then it's the headlight, by the time the end of the riding season comes around you could have just as well started with a Superglide! I thought that was what the Superglide was for, guys who are going to customize the hell out of their bike anyways, so get the cheap one?

Gilly

Old 01-24-2008, 03:23 PM
[Rowdy]
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Killer wheels. Can't wait to see the bike with 'em on hmmr.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Gilly
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: lonewatie

I bought my fat bob because it just reached out to me and said buy me; that doesn't mean, however, that I don't want to personalize it a bit to fit my needs and wants. Isn't that what this is all about, making it yours?

I think the point I'm trying to make is being missed, and now that I think about it, what I think doesn't really matter at all and it's really none of my beeswax WHAT the guy does to his bike. YES they are cool looking wheels and will definitely make the bike stand out. I'll make another attempt to explain why I said anything at all: OK, so I buy a Fat Bob for "some unexplained reason", but you know, I think I'll put mini-apes on it, and really, I think the dual headlights are dorky so I'll put a single headlight on it, and oh the bobbed fender never really has done much for me, so I'll put the classic rounded rear fender on it. Oh and I'll put a solo seat on it too. And those solid wheel and chubby tires have GOT to go!Before long you could have just as well bought a Street Bob or a Lowrider, added an extra front brake and a wider front end (and the prettier wheels) and have the same result.
Gilly

Old 01-24-2008, 04:31 PM
hmmr
Banned

i got it the 1st time. :|

Old 01-24-2008, 05:31 PM
expy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Will be one bad *** FXDF hmmr, look forward to seeing it.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:37 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I am working with HD wheels for my spokes...great people to work with and they do amazing work! you will be vry happy with them. if you can understand the guy that answers the phone... but he does go way above and beyond the call to make sure you are happy... a bit pricey but amazing quality!

Old 01-24-2008, 06:42 PM
hmmr
Banned

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

I am working with HD wheels for my spokes...great people to work with and they do amazing work! you will be vry happy with them. if you can understand the guy that answers the phone... but he does go way above and beyond the call to make sure you are happy... a bit pricey but amazing quality!
that's ANDRE, he's very very good putting it all together, i'm getting my tires installed there too and he's gonna fill em up with nitrogen, crazy!

and yes, a bit pricey. hehehehehehe, cough cough.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:50 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Nitrogen is the way to go! i bring all my bikes to a buddy to do that... you will never have to check the pressure again! i use it in my trucks as well! good stuff! you still got that front tire off your stock rim??? is it the 19? i need a new front tire and am on a serious budget...

Old 01-24-2008, 07:01 PM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its your money , but I must agree with some of what other are saying. Why start with a Fat Bob, when you are changing it so much. Should of started with a Street Bob. Those would of looked good on it. One last thought though , its your bike so do what you want !

Quick Reply: just ordered these wheels for my fxdf, they're out there! [pic]