Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just ordered these wheels for my fxdf, they're out there! [pic]

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:10 PM
hmmr
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: just ordered these wheels for my fxdf, they're out there! [pic]

ORIGINAL: Gilly

Well hell, you're getting rid of the BEST part of the bike. Well, OK, after the driveline, frame and tins! Those wheels MAKE the bike and you're taking them OFF??? Whatever dude, your bike...... Myself I'd try painting the original rims that color, but again your bike.
Gilly
if i have to explain ya wouldn't understand. :-)

Old 01-23-2008, 08:20 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: hmmr

Well hell, you're getting rid of the BEST part of the bike. Well, OK, after the driveline, frame and tins! Those wheels MAKE the bike and you're taking them OFF??? Whatever dude, your bike...... Myself I'd try painting the original rims that color, but again your bike.
Gilly

Wait....I don't get it. Your buying rims right? Or selling them? My understanding was your buying them and putting them on your pewter Bob. I think thats a great idea. Can't waitto see the finished product.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
hmmr
Banned

ORIGINAL: HOGRIDA_06

ORIGINAL: hmmr

Gilly

Wait....I don't get it. Your buying rims right? Or selling them? My understanding was your buying them and putting them on your pewter Bob. I think thats a great idea. Can't waitto see the finished product.
yah, that's right, i bought rims very similar to the ones above, takes 3-4 weeks to make/lace.

i will post pics for ya eh!

Old 01-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Gilly
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you start changing stuff that makes a Fat Bob a Fat Bob, (like the wheels/tires, which is a big part of the look) then why even start with one? Today it's the wheels, tomorrow it's the rear fender, then it's the headlight, by the time the end of the riding season comes around you could have just as well started with a Superglide! I thought that was what the Superglide was for, guys who are going to customize the hell out of their bike anyways, so get the cheap one?

Gilly

Old 01-23-2008, 08:33 PM
hmmr
Banned

see my post above. :-)

i wouldn't clik my upcoming pic threads in a few weeks if'n i were u

Old 01-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

Ohhhhh, you just know I won't be able to keep from looking, kinda like a rubbernecker goin past an accident scene, I'll just HAVE to slow down and look..........
(Just kiddin', not what I'd do but that's not the point, especially since I'm getting a Fat Bob I'll want to see it.
Will you use the stock HD tires or different sizes than stock??
Gilly

Old 01-23-2008, 08:48 PM
hmmr
Banned

i am going with a 200 rear and maybe 135 or a 140 front but the mezteler 880 (which is my 1st choice) does not come in 16 x 140 only 130 or 150

i think 150 is a little too much tire in the front.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

Yeah but it does drive out nice with those tires, I know what you mean though, kinda pudgy looking up front, but kinda grows on you.
Would be neat to see the stockrims anodized or powdercoated in a color like that, I bet it would really make the slots more noticeable, esp withthose big honkin rotors getting in the way!
Gilly

Old 01-23-2008, 09:00 PM
hmmr
Banned

i looked into keeping the stock wheels, as i like the slotted mags a lot, and powdercoating them (anodizing is not advised as it fades in the sun noticeably when it applied over a large surface) but i also want to significantly lighten the front end in addition to making an upgrade to the styling. the brake rotors really do cover up a **** load of the wheel, even more in real life.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

hmmr - great looking wheels. Lots of pics when done!!!! I think your color scheme is going to look cool.

I will be ordering some mag wheels real soon. I'm not sure what size front wheel I want. I thought a 21" with a 120 would look good (the look thats been done on FatBoys and Baggers), but I would have to get rid of the front fender (I dont want to do that), and a 140/70 on a 18" I'm thinking might be a bit much. I want a fat look up front but I want the sidewall of the tires to somewhat match (if that makes sense). I definitely will be going with the Metz 200 on a 18" rim for the rear. BTW, I dont think there is a 200 ME880 for 17".

Quick Reply: just ordered these wheels for my fxdf, they're out there! [pic]