Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HD Black custom wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008 | 01:24 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: New HD Black custom wheels

https://www.hdforums.com/m_3320388/tm.htm this guys got em if the thumbnails work for you... lol.

Old 06-13-2008 | 02:45 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

rounder - thanks.&nbsp\\; this forum is ****** pissin me off. i can't post ****...

Old 06-13-2008 | 08:28 PM
bdog22
6th Gear

Okay, just got it back, been 3 weeks without the bike and it felt good to finally get her back.&nbsp\\; Attached are some pics.&nbsp\\; The wheel looks great, now my only problem is that I really want the back one now (looks a little funny, but it will have to wait cause I am not parting with her again till the end of the season).&nbsp\\;

Anyway, as for the construction, well made, it lives up to the Harley standard, even though it was inexpensive.&nbsp\\; The spokes are pretty thick, between a 1/4 and a 1/2 inch, very smooth finish, no rough spots that I could tell.&nbsp\\; I just got back, got my son to bed and took the pictures a little late so sorry if they are dark, but they give you the idea.&nbsp\\;

As for Part numbers, you'll love this one.&nbsp\\; It took them 3 part orders for 1 wheels.&nbsp\\; First the wheel, then the rotor part number was in the instructions, then a separate order for the bolts to attach the rotor.&nbsp\\; Here are all the numbers.
Wheel: 44657-08
Front Disc: 44553-06A
Bolts and Washers: 3762M, 6966M

That should cover it. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Pics go here, since this thing would not let me upload
http://picasaweb.google.com/Walsh.BrianG/06StreetBob

Old 06-14-2008 | 08:29 AM
hd_sob
Road Master

bdog -

Thanks, Bro'.&nbsp\\; 'Appreciate the help...

Old 06-16-2008 | 08:54 PM
last saint
Road Master

Here's a pic of one of my brother's 07 SB with the wheels.

Old 06-30-2008 | 11:52 PM
marcusg
Cruiser

Saint, was your brother able to use the stock tires, rotors, etc. or did he have to buy some other parts to put the wheels on ? Thanks in advance.
&nbsp\\;
Marcusg

Old 07-01-2008 | 06:56 AM
bdog22
6th Gear

See my post above, that is the same rotor and such that is on mine.&nbsp\\; Stock rotor on the Dynas do not work on the Typhoons, says it on the web site too.

Old 07-01-2008 | 09:18 AM
marcusg
Cruiser

Thanks Bdog, I was hoping that was not the case. If I decide to buy these wheels I didn't want to have to buy any more than I have to. You did use the "stock" tires though correct ? One more "dumb" question. When using the "stock" tires, do you still use the tube or do they become tubeless ? One guy was telling me that the OEM tires are both tube and tubeless depending on what kind of rim you put them on. BTW, how much did the stealers charge you for the install ? Thanks again.
&nbsp\\;
Marcusg

Old 07-01-2008 | 09:31 AM
bdog22
6th Gear

I think in total just for the wheel it cost, was about 600 (just for the front, I still have to get the rear done), if I remember correctly is was 1.25 hours of labor on top of the parts.&nbsp\\; I had some other work done so my bill was higher but not sure.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Yes, stock tires worked, but I could not tell you if they are tubeless now, never thought to ask.

Old 07-01-2008 | 06:39 PM
last saint
Road Master

Marcus, you can use the stock tires. And yes, they're tubeless when going to a mag type wheel. As for the rotor question, it IS a stock Dyna rotor on front, BUT it's the stock rotor from the factory mags like on superglides/lowrider. Ask your dealer if they have any take off rotors from an 06/07 superglide front mag. You can usually pick em up cheap that way.
The rear tire on my bro's bike is a Screamin'Eagle 180, but you can still use the stock 160. The front is a 19" and the rear is still 17". Same as stock dimensions.
D

Quick Reply: New HD Black custom wheels