Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HD Black custom wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008 | 05:55 AM
F4Phantomsphorever
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: New HD Black custom wheels

I've heard the same about cast vs. spokes. Don't have enough experience to verify, though.

From a style perspective, nothing outclasses a spoke wheel. Classy .

Old 01-29-2008 | 06:39 PM
2002fxdp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: 6165hd

What is everyones opinon on cast rims vs. spoke rims....?? Ive heard casted rims can be a bit harder in the bumps and alittle pushy with cross winds?? Where the spoke rims give flex with pot holes & junk, and wind has more area to go through.

Food for thought/

Thanks,
Joe Shmoe[X(]
i know guys i ride with who have spokes have probs. with bent wheels. ipreferthe look and the durability of the stock cast wheel

Old 01-29-2008 | 08:28 PM
MIKETOW
Advanced

The rim on the spoke rims remind me of a bicycle rim on the 07. I went with the cast rims and the single disc looks great.

Old 01-29-2008 | 08:37 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 06 harley

do they make it in chrome?---BRIAN
Check out Performance Machine. Those wheels don't look a whole lot different than my Torque Wheels from PM. They also have a Contrast Cut Torque. You can get an idea how the HD ones will look from my bike. Also, if you go to the PM site, you can put the wheels on your bike model with selected colors.

http://www.performancemachine.com/thankyou.html

Torque:

Contrast Cut Torque:

Old 01-29-2008 | 08:45 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

they look to me like one of them toy wind spinners, but black, like when you were a kid. i dont care for them. price is good though.

Old 06-10-2008 | 10:27 AM
bdog22
6th Gear

Anyone out there get these yet.&nbsp\\; I had my dealership get me one for the front (after the front spoke got bent).&nbsp\\; Anyway when they went to put them on, turns out the rotor with the spokes doesn't work with these, now the dealership is trying to find a rotor that works with it.&nbsp\\; Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-10-2008 | 01:51 PM
SkyRider
Cruiser

bdog22
&nbsp\\;
what is the exact issue with the rotor does it not bolt up or align with the brake caliper...you could easily make a spacer
&nbsp\\;
also http://www.hardcoreproduct.com/&nbsp\\;has very well priced wheels...980 for a set to your door.&nbsp\\; Ask for Steve and let him know Luke with the 06 Street Bob refered you.

Old 06-10-2008 | 02:49 PM
bdog22
6th Gear

SkyRider - Thank you for the info, but don't know what the issue is, but I don't think it has to do with the brake caliber, since the Harley catalog specifically calls it out as a problem with the one for the spoke wheels.&nbsp\\; It is at the&nbsp\\;dealership now, so not a 100% sure other then that it just doesn't fit together.&nbsp\\; If they don't have an answer I will look into these you pointed out, since they look reasonable (Do you have a set on yours? Any pics?)

Old 06-10-2008 | 03:04 PM
SkyRider
Cruiser

bdog22
&nbsp\\;
I have a set of MC Motorsports wheels on my bike...the rear fits...my front is arriving today.&nbsp\\; I was the first one to order some with a new size front end hub...so i'll know more tonight.
&nbsp\\;
-Luke

Old 06-10-2008 | 05:40 PM
Treasure
Advanced

I'm running the 5 spoke (or however many it is)&nbsp\\;cast dyna wheel powder coated black on my st.bob now but would prefer this new wheel over the ones I have now.....I went this way because I did not want to spend the cash (in 06)&nbsp\\;for the real trick spoke wheels&nbsp\\;that some on the forum are now running......wonder how much cheaper these new wheels&nbsp\\;will be thru Zanotti's?????
&nbsp\\;
I'm pretty neutral on cast vs. spoke but, I can tell you that if your on a long trip and get a flat you can plug the tire right along side the road and then all you need is some air or a pump....if your runnin spokes you've got a problem.

Quick Reply: New HD Black custom wheels