Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid Question ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:19 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Stupid Question ?

I was going to dyno tune all along. I feel the info from the dealer and when to do it was not up front. I just hope I can get a reputable tunner to do it. Cost is not a problem, I just want to get what I pay for. In Dallas, Houston or Austin who is good?

Old 01-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: man4mopar

ORIGINAL: Trotter

Top.... If your running the 2007 Street legal mufflers and the S.E. Air Cleaner with the download than your fine... After Market pipes and A/C... the 2007 Stage 1 Download Is'nt enough...
No offence and not trying to start anything. But do you have a AFR chart or have you run a AFR check with a bike set up SE air cleaner and SE II's or some other free flowing exhaust? If you have no chart what did you find in AFR's?

I ask this because if using the SERT or a download and utilizingthe narrow band sensors. The majority of the map is closed loop unless changed by tuner with SERT. WOT,high loads and cold starts are open loop. Butmajority of mapis inclosed loop wheremost ride. And that will be a 14.7:1 ratio. Which some feel is too lean, I disagree but not the point. So if one believes that, then to get out of the 14.7:1 ratio one needs a SERT,PCIII,Tmax,DTT or some other full fuel management system. And unless that system uses a O2 sensor for self adjustment one needs a AFR meter to tune them self or have it done by a tuner. Canned maps in a open loop system get you close maybe.
WTF?

I'm lost as a green dick in a pickle jar!

Where is my paid off 06 2006 VTX?

Old 01-23-2008, 09:52 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,882 Likes on 13,485 Posts

so Trotter,the plug ins from nightrider are not for performance?

Old 01-23-2008, 10:28 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

ORIGINAL: RAWHIDE07

so Trotter,the plug ins from nightrider are not for performance?
OK, I'll take the bait RAWHIDE07 -

what's nightrider?? the yellow plug wires, or????

mud

Old 01-24-2008, 06:05 AM
04fxdwgi
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also having a FI TC 88, I went w/ the V&H exhaust, K&N A/C and PCIII USB. After installing, I
connected a hand held dual channel temp data recorder, 1 lead to each exhaust pipe. Drove
around a bit and returned and analyzed the data on the recorder and found rear cylinder runs
hotter than front. Tweaked the PCIII on the laptop and repeated a few more times. Got
exhaust temps VERY close and tweaked some more, till " Seat of Pants " dyno said " That's
the Spot ". Brought to dyno tuner and he tweaked for 10 minutes and it was done. Tuner
told me she was near perfect when it came in, due to exhaust temps being near identacle
and realy didn't need the dyno time.

Don't know how technical you are, but the data loggers can be had for around $ 250 bucks.
I just happened to have one for my work.

Ride safe

Old 01-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Trotter
Banned

The Plug In's are not for performance... but to adj the A/F at idle and steady throttle from 14.7 to 14.2 which is better... but 13.2/13.7 is better... Which your Dyno Tech can achieve for each Cyl.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:22 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

Skip, What are you calling a "plug in"?

DougJ

Old 01-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Trotter
Banned

The question was

Why someone would go out and spend 13,000.00 to 18,000.00 on a bike then spend 200.00 on a A/C and another 300.00/500.00 on a Exhaust system and alot of other moneys on chrome stuff, But over look the most Important part of the exhaust equation spending 300.00 to 500.00 to get the bike tuned so the bike runs Cooler andat it's full potentialfor a long life....Is it because it's money spent on someting that you cant look at..?Because you can definatly feel the differance if it's done right... over justa download A/C and pipes...

Old 01-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The question was

Why someone would go out and spend 13,000.00 to 18,000.00 on a bike then spend 200.00 on a A/C and another 300.00/500.00 on a Exhaust system and alot of other moneys on chrome stuff, But over look the most Important part of the exhaust equation spending 300.00 to 500.00 to get the bike tuned so the bike runs Cooler andat it's full potentialfor a long life....Is it because it's money spent on someting that you cant look at..?Because you can definatly feel the differance if it's done right... over justa download A/C and pipes...
Hey, I resemble that remark! Did a High flow aircleaner,SE Pre EPA Slip on's and a SERTcanned map.Waiting ona few parts to arrive (fuel gauge with gray wire) Bike has been sitting a while waiting for parts. Seems everything I go to purchase HAS to be ordered. yet one can get any motor clothes anytime WTF !Example, a speed nut .99 cent item common to all dynas, not in stock.
Gezzus chrysler man!! Once installed it's off to the dyno for a final tune. Weather has been brutal here, Single digits High of 8* today. Hot diggity dog. NOT.Just don't want to expose the bike in a unheated trailer.Schedualed tohave the scoot in the dealer next week for a dyno tune.
Discussed at lenght with the tech and It appears he knows his Chit. Can't wait to eeek out all the performance possiable. But the most important is the cooler running Machine.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:57 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

The question was

I know, but I asked what are you calling a "plug in"??Believe I know what I will be using in the future, and I know an excellent tuner.

Quick Reply: Stupid Question ?