Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike wouldn't start!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008 | 06:00 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Default RE: Bike wouldn't start!

ORIGINAL: jmpancoast

Doug. has SCAAT showed up on your caller ID this week?
No, and it's hard to work on the bike without tools............. mine are in hiding

Hows your Bob running?

DougJ

Old 01-24-2008 | 06:02 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member

LMAO

Old 01-24-2008 | 07:26 AM
b5mac
|
Tourer

Trotter, are the batteries that you have the no maintenance type and how much do you want for one? I checked the voltage at the accessories plug and got 0 volts. That might be from a blown fuse in the accessories line but I've never had anything hooked up to it so I don't know. I'm going to pull the battery today after I get home from work. Once I pull the battery, I'll check the voltage again.

Old 01-24-2008 | 07:32 AM
Trotter
Banned

There the standard HD no maintenance replacement Battery's... I'll call Shawn and see what we pay for them when he gets to the shop 10:00..

Old 01-24-2008 | 03:53 PM
b5mac
|
Tourer

Well, I took the battery out and found that the positive terminal cable was very loose. I've got the battery on charge now and I'm hoping it will take a charge. Funny thing, though, my accessory connection has a blown fuse but I've never hooked anything up to it. I can't figure out how that could have happened. I have to take a closer look at the wires to see if it has chafed on something and shorted out. I can't think of any other way the fuse could have blown.

Old 01-24-2008 | 06:28 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: b5mac

Well, I took the battery out and found that the positive terminal cable was very loose. I've got the battery on charge now and I'm hoping it will take a charge. Funny thing, though, my accessory connection has a blown fuse but I've never hooked anything up to it. I can't figure out how that could have happened. I have to take a closer look at the wires to see if it has chafed on something and shorted out. I can't think of any other way the fuse could have blown.
Mark, I owe you an apology.............. didn't realize that was your bike in the parking lot, and used the accessory outlet to make a pot of 12VDC coffee............. that thing really needs a 20 amp fuse. I was real cold that morning, too!!

DougJ (not home)

Old 01-24-2008 | 06:56 PM
fxdwgcanuck
Cruiser

the battery will proably be fine was it is charged the loose terminal would prevent the battery from charging look for that short unless is it possible some condensation got in that plug

Old 01-24-2008 | 10:02 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: b5mac

Hey I said to check that in post #4. [sm=confused06.gif]
Damn Harleys and the vibrations.
If that's all it is, should be good.

Old 01-25-2008 | 01:24 PM
b5mac
|
Tourer

You were right Super01, the battery wasn't dead at all. I put it back in and made sure the terminals were tight and the bike started right up. Good call!

Old 01-25-2008 | 02:44 PM
Trotter
Banned

I think Doug was right...... ( Snappy ? )

Quick Reply: Bike wouldn't start!