Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Derby cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:18 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: HD Derby cover

Yes its Routes are in Japan. Always have been years ago i believe the forks were primarily made in japan and only one item put on them in the states so they could consider them made in USA.

Now we get componets from all over the usa and world and they are completely assembled in Ohio. And Harley is very very picky when it comes to there parts any little scratch or flaw and they get tossed and start over. We don't make every variation at our plant i don't think but we make alot.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:24 AM
jhoyda
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: OhioSkully

Ok first yes most of the chrome and componets you buy for your HD threw your dealer are made overseas just walk up to the items hanging on the wall and look on the back taiwan or china.

The cloths are all overseas that is what ****'s me off as they want $45 bucks for a T shirt a T shirt why because we pay for it.

NOW SHOWA Forks are not made in Japan. They aremade in OHIO at American Showa. I work there.
Where in Ohio is the plant? I'm in NW Ohio, just curious. Also, an you get kit suspensions for motocross bikes there?

Old 01-24-2008, 11:49 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We make alot of the items for honda goldwings also and atv's Along with civic's acura and other shocks and struts.

Its right close to the New AD Farrow harley davidson at the 36/37 exit on 71 south before you get to columbus.

You cant buy anything at our facility its a factory no sales or discounts not even to us employess. Do get a discount on hondas and harleys sweet.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:20 AM
jhoyda
Advanced

Yep, know right where that is!

Discounts on Harleys huh....do they need a mechanical engineer?

Old 01-25-2008, 12:20 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i hate to say it. but if i was in the business of selling bikes and getting twice overseas for them. i would buy stuff there to.the sell of harley is down in the usa. but up over there whats that tell you. it just a matter of time for us to buy a bike. we are going to wait. because they are not going to think twice of sending more bikes there.and get more money i dont think there is anybody that is in business of making money that would'nt do the same .i'm not covering for anybody just putting out the facts.check there stock

Old 01-25-2008, 07:57 PM
DynaDan
Tourer

ORIGINAL: DYJ

I heard none of the HD clothing is made in USA [:'(]

Every Harley T-Shirt I have is "Made in USA." I always check the tag before I buy one. Most of them are still made in USA. I won't buy one that isn't. It just doesn't seem right. That being said, I realize it is almost impossible to buy all "Made in USA" stuff. However, if I have a choice, I will try to buy made in USA stuff.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where you Been .....

Old 01-25-2008, 08:55 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok I know this is a relly dumb question where on the bike does it say "made in usa" I have never seen it ... but then I ride a softail

Old 01-25-2008, 08:59 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Don't know about your softy, but my Wide Glide says "Union Made in the USA" on the right front frame downtube...[8D]

I HAD to look, you know that...!

Old 01-25-2008, 09:06 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Good ol' american made Harley , eh ? Makes my wanna puke . That's the way i feel. I really don't give a chit who likes the way i feel either . [:@]

Quick Reply: HD Derby cover