Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you ever take that final look,

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:35 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Do you ever take that final look,

I would love an upsweep exhaust! i have been talking about that from DAY 1 either that or duels with fist tail ends... i think that would be sick! too bad you can not cross over to the otherside on a dyna for duels... not enought room

Old 01-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Livi1215
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you mean, I have been dreaming of putting duels on,it would look bad azz.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:01 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

I would love an upsweep exhaust! i have been talking about that from DAY 1 either that or duels with fist tail ends... i think that would be sick! too bad you can not cross over to the otherside on a dyna for duels... not enought room
I'd really like to have upsweeps with fishtails like the old choppers, but in the mean time I think I got a plan. Paughco makes some belltip mufflers with a fifteen degree upsweep, not much,but I think that would be enough to get the pipes more level with the swing arm on a lowered bike. Thought I'd stack them one on top of the other and run an extension pipe from the front cylinder pipe and cover it with a heat shield. Don't know how that would affect the engine with one exhaust much longer than the other,but we'll see. If it doesn't work I won't be out much cause I already found one of the mufflers on ebay for fifteen bucks.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 01-23-2008, 12:24 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

There is a guy on you tube that has a set of upsweeps on his bike... he even explains how he did it... look up st bob exhaust

Old 01-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TOMMAY

Life ain't bad,but it's been better. Bikes still rollin' and reckon I will too.

Good Luck

Tom
hehehehehe - a philosopher at heart among us! Yeah been there too, ol lady gone over 25 years now, and off the booze almost as long, but boy, a good smoke and look over the shoulder at the bike on the way to bed is what dreams are made of - often thought of upswepts on the bobstah - will be curious to see what you come up with! Hang in there and keep those dreams - life is what you make of it, and sounds like you're doing just fine!

Chip

Old 01-23-2008, 03:24 PM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have spent a many nights stopping by and just sitting. Far from sober, cigarette smoke in the air, I find myself looking at the bike reflecting,. The first ole lady has been gone for 11 years. I am so thankful for that blessing (da bitch).

I have since found what I was looking for and more than I deserved in the marrying of my second wife. Because of her, I have my Harley. Because of her, I am an optimist. Because of her, I must lie about my next mod (j/k). Good **** alwaysprevails, if we are willing to wait long enough.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Grandpa56
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TOMMAY

while you're smokin' that final cigarette before you go to bed, not quite sober and a little beat. Gazing at that bike while you're needin' sleep.

Thinkin' you're about finished with the mods,but you see a thing or two. Upswept exhaustsare stillin the planand that set of tins you scrounged up stilll need paintin' and you need to quit spending money before you get in too deep.

Last Ol' Lady's been gone a week or two and you're not really lookin' forward to goin' to bed, but you know works calling earlier than you want it to.

Rather hit the road and not look back,but you gotta pay that child suppport and take care of that boy that's still at home with you.

Life ain't bad,but it's been better. Bikes still rollin' and reckon I will too.

Good Luck

Tom

Is that my old Vette next to your Harley?? I sold it to a guy in Bama a few years ago. j/k, mine was a couple years newer, 1980. o/l been gone 15 years now, smoke cigars not cigs, child support ends in 3 more weeks, already cut back from 70 hour week as manager to 40 hours as flunkie, those road trips are getting closer!

Old 01-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Don51
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya......you get done with that last ride of the day, you drive it into the garage and you tuck it in for the night.....like tucking yourkid in for the night!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:45 PM
stell55chevy
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

keep everything rollin' Tommay... that is the only way to go.

time to go get a drink and go take a stare myself... rain rain go away!