Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatbob Lights Help PLEEEEASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:46 PM
hmmr
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fatbob Lights Help PLEEEEASE

ORIGINAL: Steve Zodiac

OK. Looks good to me. We might have to swap the parts over for the MOT (if they dip the wrong way).

The alternative might be to fit a set of twin Bates style streetfighter headlamps such as these in bottom mount:

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk...l.asp?prod=THL

Can't be bad at £59 for the pair and available in chrome, black or carbon. Don't know if they'd fit but worth thinking about.
i have the same exact lights on my ducati but in black, i bought them at spareshack out of the uk, good guy.

https://www.fastweb.co.uk/spaceshack...74b3f588cc0f6e

Old 01-24-2008, 06:35 AM
ozsportster
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Sammi also from Downunder where we have the same thing with one headlight for low beam etc...
Good onya mate

[IMG]local://upfiles/29820/B9313D0E73AD4F2692781A4A638A2428.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-24-2008, 06:20 PM
TARTAN2
Tourer

I don't think a rewire would work without changing the reflector as one side is set for main beam the other is set for dipped ... What do you think ?

The specs on twin headlights changed here about three years ago anything before that ran with both lights working on dipped and main beam.

And yes this forum is a godsend !!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 06:29 PM
hmmr
Banned

i see the issue now. ugh. lol

Old 01-24-2008, 06:36 PM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate the fact that we can only have themhigh or on, no off switch, better than only having one lighton I guess. Good luck with the upgrade Tartan.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:45 PM
hmmr
Banned

ORIGINAL: SilentWarrior

I hate the fact that we can only have themhigh or on, no off switch, better than only having one lighton I guess. Good luck with the upgrade Tartan.
i'm *planning* to run an on/off switch for the lighting sys, i'll post about it if & when, lol

Old 01-08-2009, 09:42 AM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TARTAN2
I don't think a rewire would work without changing the reflector as one side is set for main beam the other is set for dipped ... What do you think ?

The specs on twin headlights changed here about three years ago anything before that ran with both lights working on dipped and main beam.

Hi,
Been watchin theses light posts for some time now ( simply as i didnt have a clue how to overcome the "problem"0. Can you say how you got on with the mod if you did it...
The summary I arrived at was the reflector ,lamps and connectors switched over should be good to go, I imagine that there is still a wire splice in there somewhere that is needed? Did it give both lamps dipped and full beam as anticipated? Cheers Royston UK

Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 AM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Have any of you European riders considered swapping the Fat Bob head light with a Fat Boy headlight?
There's posts with pics worth searching for.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:33 PM
fatboyoz
Advanced

Originally Posted by TARTAN2

Tartan,
HD makes two types of bike, domestic and international. If you live anywhere other than the US, you get the international model. The US Fatbob, as you have stated, has two low/high beam lights and the reflectors both have the same aiming. The international model reflector unit has low beam aiming on the right and high beam aiming on the left. Some guys down here are toying with the idea of rewiring to have both on for low beam, but fitting some type of resistor to limit the dazzle from the permanently on high beam.
If you want to have both on for low beam, I think the easiest, but costly, solution is to buy the domestic reflector unit, as you have mentioned, along with the correct plugs. The bulbs you can buy anywhere.
However, there is a cheap compromise. You still only end up with one light on for low beam, but you will have both on for high beam. If you then want to have both on during the day, you just leave high beam selected and take a chance that you don't create any roadrage.
Here's how I did it: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...eadlights.html then go to item 13 for OZsporter's write-up.
The last thing to do in the quest for brighter lights: the bulbs fitted to the international models are 55 watt H11. You can fit 65 watt H9 by judiciously trimming one of the guide tabs off the inside of the bulb electrical plug receptacle (on end of bulb), can't remember which one, but obvious when comparing both bulbs to the wiring plug.
Colin.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Alfun
Stage II

Hi fella's, new on the Board from downunder with an 09 Fat bob (just ran 13 hours straight last weekend... fantastic run but sore backside!)

I am after some help if I can , maybe from sammi. I have purchased the follwong from Zanotti's:

69800-08 Reflector assembly -$143.00
69838-08 Halogen bulb - $13.22
72161-06 Housing 2 way socket -$2.20

the issue is that the female connectors # 72161-06 does not fit the bulb 3 pin housing, or go close. The bulb/housing fits the into the reflector no problems. I have visited every conceivable autoelectric type shop on Oz around my area but no suitable plugs or help. I belive you must be quite precise with part #'s when dealing with Zanotti's and I don't have a clue what number it mught be.

Any help would be much appreciated. I can email/post a photo of the bulb if it helps.

regards.

Quick Reply: Fatbob Lights Help PLEEEEASE